Cloud pipeline orchestration. Hybrid and electric vehicles. Large language models. Battery technologies. Hydrogen fuel cells. The biggest ideas from the brightest minds always come to Baker Botts.
For decades, our firm has served leaders in software, semiconductors, telecommunications, biotech, pharma, energy, and a myriad of other technical industries – bringing together our corporate and intellectual property strengths to advance technology in diverse markets. Today, our Emerging Companies and Venture Capital (ECVC) practice group continues to be part of emerging technologies and to lead the legal issues surrounding them. We can solve complex business problems, protect the newest technology, and set innovative, ambitious companies on the right path with an interdisciplinary approach that integrates complementary practice areas and leverages deep real-world experience.
Acting as business and legal partners, our lawyers guide and educate entrepreneurs, technologists, early-stage and emerging growth companies, as well as investors, venture capitalists, and underwriters, so they can navigate multiple challenges and new opportunities of this entire ecosystem with knowledge, skill, confidence, and best practices throughout the entire lifecycle of their business.
- We advise companies from starting up through rounds of venture capital or private equity financing, initial public offerings, sales, mergers, and other exits.
- We have industry leading depth and breadth of technical experience. We can skillfully handle all critical legal needs – formation, financing, intellectual property, regulatory, tax, benefits, executive and equity compensation, and more – because we have been there before, as entrepreneurs and as advisors to some of the largest energy, health tech, software, telecommunications, AI/machine learning, fintech, and life sciences companies in the world.
- Our business network and broad geographical footprint include strong and deep relationships with incubators, accelerators, and technology hubs across geographies and across industries that go far beyond client introductions in value.
- Our lawyers also represent a number of venture capital and other private equity funds, in raising their funds, making their portfolio investments and in the management and disposition of those investments.
- In addition, we represent enterprises in joint ventures and other strategic alliances. We also advise universities and large commercial enterprises in licensing their new technologies.
For additional insights on your business, please contact one of our associated lawyers listed above.