What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that the Services transfer to the "cookie" file of the browser you are using so that the Services can recognize your computer when you re-visit and remember certain information about you, such as which pages you visit, choices you make from menus, and the time and date of your visit.
Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
(i) Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that expire when you close your browser. Session cookies allow the Services to recognize your computer as you navigate between pages during a single browser session, allowing you to use the Services most efficiently.
(ii) Persistent cookies: these are stored on your computer between browsing sessions until they expire or are deleted. They allow the Services to remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
Changing your cookie settings
Please note that internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Information Collected by our Analytics Software
Some of the cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies. Our analytics software (Google analytics and NetInsight) allows us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Services when they are using the Services. This helps us to improve the way the Services work, e.g.., by making sure that users are finding what they need easily. The following types of information are collected by our analytics software:
- User's demographic information, e.g., language preference and location (city, country/territory, continent, sub-continental region).
- User's behavior, e.g., whether the user is a new or returning visitor, the frequency of visits/date of last visit.
- User's technology, e.g., operating system, network/service provider (ISP and network host).
- Mobile information, e.g. whether the user accessed the Services via a mobile device and, if so, the type of device (brand, service provider, operating system and input selection method).
- Traffic source, e.g., direct (i.e., the user typed in the URL themselves) or referral (i.e., the user clicked on a link) and for referral traffic, the traffic source (search engine or link); also the Google search term (if applicable) that resulted in the link to the Website.
- Content viewed, e.g., pages, files, and directories clicked on, landing pages/exit pages and search words (if any) used on the Website.
After your initial visit to this website we may change the cookies we use. This cookies policy will always allow you to know who is placing cookies, for what purpose and give you the means to disable them so you should check it from time to time.
Please be aware that if cookies are disabled not all features of the Services may operate as intended.