Baker Botts is one of the world's leading law firms widely regarded as among the very best in the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) industries worldwide. We represent some of the largest media conglomerates and global telecommunications providers as well as advise emerging growth companies on the forefront of innovative technologies.
Our corporate lawyers span the globe and routinely advise on TMT transactions in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Asia. We represent companies across the full-spectrum of TMT transactions, from high-profile domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, restructurings, recapitalizations, spin-offs and split-offs to seed and early stage venture capital financings, joint development and joint venture arrangements and strategic commercial transactions.
Our deep bench of corporate lawyers offers decades of experience across the following technology industries. Some of our recent deals include:
- Starz Inc. in the $4.4 billion acquisition by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
- Liberty Media Corporation in the cross-border $8 billion acquisition of Formula One
- AT&T Corp., a subsidiary of AT&T Inc., in its $1.1 billion sale of its data center colocation operations and assets to Brookfield Infrastructure
- Zix Corporation in the $275 million acquisition of AppRiver, LLC from Marlin Equity Partners
- Assertio Therapeutics Inc. in the sale of the rights to Gralise a prescription shingles medicine, to Alvogen