Baker Botts' Women In Action strives to address issues facing women in the global workforce and specifically within the legal industry. Ensuring that everyone has access to both fulfilling careers and opportunities for leadership is central to our efforts.
Within our own walls, we have made concerted efforts to create an environment that cultivates strong women leaders and inspires them to do great work.
Our efforts to recruit, retain, and promote diverse women and staff at all levels go beyond our firm and extend to the clients with whom we work and serve. We have women partners in leadership roles at professional associations handling responsibilities for a variety of practice and geographic areas within the legal industry. We regularly reach out to clients to offer learning sessions, provide opportunities to share information, and promote their success.
Spotlight on Success Series
Our Spotlight on Success Series features women that inspire us by sharing insights on their pathways to success in the legal industry.
This Month We Spotlight: Heather Bowman from Koch Industries
Our women lawyers are involved in some of the most important legal matters around the globe. The highlighted matters below address issues specific to women and also relate to landmark cases benefitting from the experience and skill our women lawyers bring to the table.
- Baker Botts to Receive Voices of Courage Award from Women’s Refugee Commission
- Baker Botts Fights ‘Tampon Tax’ Imposed by Texas Comptroller
- All-Women Slate of Appellate Advocates to Argue Historic Winter Storm Uri Case
To further our own endeavors and keep up with ever-changing and dynamic ways to bolster women-focused efforts, we are involved with the following organizations:
- Chiefs in Intellectual Property (ChIPs) - advances and connects women in technology, law and policy
- Diversity Lab – working with organizations to close the gender gap in leadership
- DivInc – on a mission to generate social and economic equity through entrepreneurship