HOUSTON, August 17, 2023 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that the 30th edition of The Best Lawyers in America recognized a total of 121 of the firm’s lawyers, including seven “Lawyers of the Year” and 26 lawyers designated as “Ones to Watch.”
Seven firm attorneys received “Lawyer of the Year” designations in 10 categories. These recognitions are given to one individual in a given geographical region and practice area, and are as follows:
- Michael Goldberg – International Arbitration – Governmental – Houston
- John Martin –Information Technology Law; and Technology Law – San Jose
- Geoff Newton – Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law - Dallas
- Ted Paris – Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; and Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions – Houston
- John Porter – Litigation and Controversy – Tax; and Litigation – Trusts and Estates – Houston
- Gail Stewart – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law – Houston
- Connie Simmons Taylor – Real Estate Law – Houston
In addition, 26 firm lawyers were named “Ones to Watch,” an 18% increase from last year. They include:
- Carina Antweil – Corporate Governance and Compliance Law; and Corporate Law – Houston
- Tyler Beas – Intellectual Property Law; and Litigation – Intellectual Property – Dallas
- Whitney Crayton – Real Estate Law – Houston
- Clinton Culpepper – Banking and Finance Law – Austin
- Lindsay Volpenhein Cutie – Intellectual Property Law; and Litigation – Intellectual Property – Houston
- Maddy Dwertman – Appellate Practice – Austin
- Francesca Eick – Environmental Law; and Litigation – Environmental – Austin
- Emily Heasley – Tax Law; and Trusts and Estates – Houston
- Michael Hoffman, Sr. – Corporate Law; Energy Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; and Securities / Capital Markets Law – Houston
- Garrett Hughey – Corporate Law – Houston
- Alexander Kamel – Banking and Finance Law – Houston
- Cailyn Reilly Knapp – Criminal Defense: White-Collar – Washington, D.C.
- Paige Laborde – Environmental Law – Houston
- Caitlin Lawrence – Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; and Mergers and Acquisitions Law – Houston
- Patrick Leahy – Environmental Law; and Litigation – Environmental – Austin
- Daniel Leventhal – Real Estate Law – Dallas
- Landon Lill – Energy Law – Austin
- Grace Matthews – Corporate Law; and Venture Capital Law – Austin
- Tyler Murray – Litigation – Trusts and Estates; Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law; and Trusts and Estates – Dallas
- Christine Ryu-Naya – Antitrust Law – Washington, D.C.
- Matthew Sheridan – Commercial Litigation; and Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law – Houston
- Michael Silliman – Intellectual Property Law; and Litigation – Intellectual Property – Houston
- Clarke Stavinoha – Intellectual Property Law; and Litigation – Patent – Dallas
- Andrew Wilson – Intellectual Property Law – Washington, D.C.
- Chauntelle Wood – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Environmental; Litigation – Labor and Employment; and Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants – Houston
- Jamie Yarbrough – Corporate Law – Houston
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.