HOUSTON, March 31, 2023 -- Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that eight students have been selected to receive the firm’s 2023 Diversity Fellowship. The Baker Botts Diversity Fellowship provides talented law students the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a large, global law firm and scholarship funds to assist with defraying the costs of their legal education.
Each of the recipients will participate as a summer associate in the firm’s 2023 summer program.
The winners were selected by a panel comprised of members of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Winners, in addition to their academic achievements, have demonstrated strong leadership attributes and a commitment to promoting diversity in the legal profession. They are as follows:
- Yukai Bao, Loyola University Chicago Law School – Austin office
- Circle Robie, University of Texas Law School – Austin office
- Jamie Jun, Washington University Law School in St. Louis – Dallas office
- Teresa Jones, University of Mississippi School of Law – Houston office
- Mona Ziaei, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law – New York office
- Kate Im, University of California, Berkeley Law School – San Francisco office
- Elmira Adili, University of California, Davis School of Law – San Francisco office
- Shloke Nair, George Washington University Law School – Washington, D.C. office
Baker Botts is committed to the recruitment, retention and development of exceptional attorneys and law students. Diverse perspectives play an integral role in the continued growth of the firm and the Baker Botts Diversity Fellowship is one of many programs aimed at promoting diversity in the legal profession.
For more information on Baker Botts’ Diversity Fellowship and Scholarship Program, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.