Deal Description: On April 28, 2022, Waste Management, Inc. (NYSE: WM) (“WM” or the “Company”) announced the pricing of its public offering of $1,000,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its 4.15% Senior Notes due 2032.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the senior notes offering to redeem its $500 million aggregate principal amount of 2.90% Senior Notes due 2022 and for general corporate purposes.
The senior notes offering is expected to close on May 12, 2022, subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Baker Botts L.L.P. represented the Company in the senior notes offering.
WM, based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management environmental services in North America, providing services throughout the United States and Canada. Through its subsidiaries, the Company provides collection, transfer, disposal services, and recycling and resource recovery. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The Company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America.
Baker Botts Lawyers/Office Involved:
- Corporate: Clint Rancher (Partner, Houston); Lakshmi Ramanathan (Special Counsel, Houston); Robert Cowan (Associate, Houston); Thomas Blackwell (Associate, Houston)
- Finance: Andrew Thomison (Partner, Houston)
- Environmental: Aileen Hooks (Senior Counsel, Austin); Katie Windle (Associate, Austin)
- Labor & Employment: Jennifer Trulock (Partner, Dallas)
- Employee Benefits: Robin Melman (Partner; New York); Gabriela Alvarez (Associate, Houston)
- Tax: Michael Bresson (Partner, Houston); Chuck Campbell (Special Counsel, Houston)
For more information, please see the Company’s news release relating to the senior notes offering here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.