HOUSTON, September 7, 2022 – The Texas Lawbook ranked Baker Botts as the top legal adviser – by both deal count and deal value – for capital markets transactions led by Texas-based lawyers in the first half of 2022.
According to the publication, Baker Botts led all law firms with 17 transactions worth $10.5 billion reported between January 1 and June 30. Further, the firm continued its surge in capital markets deals in the third quarter, reporting at least nine additional transactions to date in Texas for this shorter period.
Notable capital markets transactions that the firm handled in Texas in the first half of the year include representing:
- Cleco Power LLC in $425 million offering of utility securitization bonds;
- CenterPoint Energy Resources Corp. in $500 million offering of senior notes;
- The underwriters in $1 billion debentures offering for Burlington Northern Santa Fe;
- Waste Management in $1 billion senior notes offering;
- Sunnova Energy Corporation in residential solar securitizations totaling over $650 million;
- Citigroup and Morgan Stanley in two separate block trades for a selling stockholder of Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation;
- SHUAA Partners Acquisition Corp I in its initial public offering;
- Valero Energy Corporation in $650 million senior notes offering and concurrent cash tender offers;
- The underwriters in Clean Earth Acquisitions Corp.’s initial public offering;
- The initial purchasers in senior notes offering by Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. and
- The underwriters in secondary public offering of Liberty Energy Inc.’s Class A Common Stock
Baker Botts’ has extensive experience handling virtually every type of capital markets and financing transaction and specific industry and regulatory expertise necessary for many of the innovative financing structures used to obtain attractively priced capital in the currently evolving interest rate environment. Issuers, investment banks and private equity sponsors of all sizes across a range of industries rely on Baker Botts’ capital markets and finance teams to help them raise and deploy capital through a broad array of securities and loan products.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.