As a Summer Associate, we want you to experience what it is like to be a lawyer within our offices - both working with clients and getting to know your colleagues on a professional and personal level. To the extent possible, you will participate in client meetings, including closings and depositions.
During the Summer Program, the firm provides you with many opportunities to gain substantive and practical knowledge, in addition to meeting our lawyers and gaining a better understanding of our firm's heritage and culture.
Some of these opportunities include:
- Communications & Writing Skills Workshops
- Training Sessions on Relevant and Recent Legal Topics and Areas
- Mock Trial & Mock Oral Argument Exercises
- Transactional Training Exercises
- Social events that appeal to a wide variety of interests and provide opportunities to meet our lawyers and get to know the cities in which they practice
The cornerstone of our summer program, Baker Weekend, brings together summer associates and lawyers from all seven of our U.S. offices for a weekend of training and social events. During the weekend, our summer associates have the opportunity to learn about our firm through interactive panel discussions and informal break-out sessions with firm leadership, in addition to receiving training on topics relevant to their experience and career. Our summer associates enjoy socializing with each other and our attorneys in a fun, casual setting. The following video provides highlights from previous weekends.