Major Accident and Incident Response
- Represent multiple facilities after major accident and fatality, including response to OSHA inspection. Assist in simultaneous response to CSB and EPA inspections. Defend in personal injury and property damage lawsuits.
- Represented multiple energy companies when they experienced uncontrolled releases from production wells.
- Represent offshore production company after rig explosion and fire in response to BSEE civil and criminal investigation. Defend in related civil litigation.
- Represent pipeline operator after fatality and incident involving destruction of neighboring private property.
- Represent steel manufacturer during OSHA inspection of employee fatality.
- Represent amusement park facility after employee fatality. Defend against OSHA citations and assist with civil litigation defense.
OSHA, Safety and Health Litigation and Compliance
- Advise natural gas and pipeline companies on compliance with safety regulations for gas-gathering equipment.
- Defend multiple oil refineries, chemical plants, and midstream oil and gas companies in OSHA citations alleging violations of process safety management standard and other safety regulations.
- Defend clients in four OSHA inspections involving crane accidents or failures and related civil litigation.
- Represent multiple refineries and industrial manufacturing plants during planned OSHA inspections, including Refinery NEP inspections.
Whistleblower and Employment Litigation
- Lead internal investigation for midstream company regarding DOT whistleblower allegations.
- Represented pipeline company in DOT and STAA whistleblower litigation. Obtained favorable settlement.
- Represent steel manufacturer in OSHA investigation of 11(c) whistleblower allegations.
- Represented Texas concrete manufacturer in whistleblower litigation. Obtained favorable summary judgment.
- Represented oilfield services company in Texas and Louisiana in lawsuit opposing restrictive covenants and unfair competition. Obtained favorable settlement.
- Represent North Dakota oilfield services company in ERISA lawsuit involving denial of benefits. Also represent in settlement of second ERISA suit.
- Represent employer in three-day arbitration of breach of contract dispute with employment systems vendor.
- Defend manufacturer against unfair labor practice claims. Also represent in arbitration of collective bargaining grievance on behalf of manufacturer.