Our Brussels office focuses on EU and international competition, trade matters and litigation before the EU Courts. Each of the partners in the office has more than two decades of experience in these areas having been involved in cutting-edge, high stakes cases. They are ranked as leading lawyers in important industry publications such as Global Competition Review, Chambers and The Legal 500. Our Brussels lawyers are a multi-lingual team of counselors qualified in a number of EU jurisdictions with experience in handling matters at a national level before the authorities and courts in the UK, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Ireland and Romania. The team is fully integrated into the Baker Botts global Antitrust, Trade and Litigation Practices providing clients with a seamless service for their global matters.
Our Brussels Competition Practice is part of the Baker Botts global Antitrust Practice, which is widely recognized for taking on high-stakes competition challenges. Our Brussels lawyers counsel clients across a broad range of complex matters and represent them in proceedings before the EU Commission, the General Court and the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg, as well as the national competition authorities and courts of EU Member States and other countries around the globe. We also conduct internal audits and assist clients in developing compliance programs.
Our subject matter experience covers:
- Merger control (including the coordination of merger analyses and filings across Australia, Asia, Africa and South America)
- Cartel investigations and litigation, including follow-on damages litigation
- Joint ventures
- Antitrust counseling
- Vertical and horizontal agreements
- Matters involving the intersection of intellectual property and antitrust
- The operation of the EU rules on state aid
Our European Trade Practice operates out of our Brussels and London offices. It is fully integrated into our U.S. Trade Practice and our Global Projects Practice. The team is known for providing practical advice on the full range of trade issues and has represented clients in proceedings before the EU Commission, the EU Courts in Luxembourg and authorities and Courts in the Member States. It also is engaged in trade related matters arising in third countries, where necessary, in cooperation with local counsel.
The practice covers the following areas:
- Trade defense (anti-dumping and anti-subsidy)
- Economic sanctions and export controls
- Trade policy and market access
Our EU Litigation Practice draws on the experience of nearly 200 cases in which our lawyers have represented clients before the Court of Justice and the General Court of the EU over the past several years. It is known for vigorously defending the interest of our clients and for developing effective legal, economic, and political strategies in complex contentious proceedings before the EU Courts, the Courts of the Member States, and EU and national investigation authorities.
We have particular experience in the following areas:
- Competition (cartels, merger control, abuse of dominant position)
- State aid
- International trade (anti-dumping and anti-subsidy, customs, trade sanctions, agricultural levies)
- Product regulation, including pharmaceuticals
- Consumer protection and passenger rights
- Access to documents under the EU Transparency regulation
- EU constitutional and fundamental rights law
VAT number – RPM BRUSSELS: BE 0841.989.989