Controlling Your Narrative in the Current Environment
On Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:00 p.m. - 1 p.m. (ET), Sydney Isaacs, Managing Director and Head of Houston Office at Abernathy MacGregor, and Mark Harnett, Senior Managing Director at Okapi Partners LLC, joined Baker Botts to discuss the proactive steps companies should be taking in the current market environment given the recent sharp price fall in crude oil and COVID-19/coronavirus. The discussion focused primarily on effective communication strategies and related issues, including shareholder and stakeholder engagement and shareholder activism, including:
- Strategies for proactive engagement and communication, including direct engagement versus media engagement
- When to stay quiet and when to speak up
- Stakeholder analysis, including stockholders, activists, employees, suppliers, customers and media
- Challenges presented by activists, private equity and unsolicited strategic offers
- Activism monitoring, vulnerability analysis and defense preparation
Participants from Baker Botts included corporate partners Drew Chapman (New York) and Travis Wofford (Houston) and litigation partner Amy Hefley (Houston).
If you would like to view an on-demand version of the webinar, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Greene at +1.713.229.1121.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.