The global health crisis, business downturn and uncertainty around the outbreak of COVID-19 are providing businesses large and small with unprecedented business, financial and legal challenges. Welcome to the world of crisis management. Below is an overview of some of the legal and other considerations for emerging companies when responding to the constantly evolving COVID-19 landscape:
- Crisis decision-making
- Employer considerations (including Communications, Health and Safety, Work-From-Home Policies, Compensation, Layoffs and Technology)
- Cybersecurity/Data Privacy
- Supply Chain (including “force-majeure” clauses)
- Emergency Succession Planning
- IP Considerations
- Tax Response
- Sustaining Operations and Finding Opportunities
Click here to view the full article.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.