Baker Botts partner Catriona Hatton joined the Financier Worldwide panel, alongside Antón Garcia at Compass Lexecon and Joseph Krauss at Hogan Lovells US LLP, to share insights and learnings in antitrust and competition, as it relates to the energy sector.
Topics discussed include:
- Key trends currently shaping the energy and utilities sector
- Effects of economic volatility stemming from the COVID-19 crisis and recent trends in oil prices
- Substantive competition/antitrust issues to consider
- Steps companies can take to understand, evaluate and mitigate competition/antitrust risks
- Significant legal or regulatory developments in competition/antitrust law
- Recent enforcement efforts to curb anti-competitive business practices in the energy and utilities sector
- Insights from recent competition/antitrust cases in the energy sector
- Issues, challenges and lessons learned emerging in connection with applying leniency in competition/antitrust cases
- Advice for energy and utilities companies on meeting their competition/antitrust obligations and maintaining regulatory compliance
- Prevailing issues for competition/antitrust issues in the energy & utilities sector over the coming months
To read the full panel discussion, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm whose lawyers practice throughout a network of offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.