Baker Botts is delighted to participate in a SubOptic Spotlight webinar on Wednesday 1 July at 2pm (BST) , discussing the new opportunities created by the submarine cable industry over these past months – some (but not all) of which have grown out of new ways of doing business and operating our global communications fabric as we navigate our way through the pandemic.
Topics will include:
- Cooperation across industry sectors and with governments that enabled collective progress in serving global communication needs
- How technology investment has enabled our industry to perform during COVID and how further investment in technology may enable even more efficiencies and effectiveness moving forward
- How COVID has shown the value to the industry of people and what that means about investing in people in the future
- Critical voids in our industry left wanting of new solutions
- Stuart Blythe, Partner, Baker Botts
- Dr. Julie Albright, Digital Sociologist and Author of “Left to Their Own Devices: How Digital Natives Are Reshaping the American Dream”
- Elaine Stafford, Managing Partner, DRG Undersea Consulting
- Erick Contag, President, SubOptic, Executive Chairman, Globenet
- David Coughlan, CEO, SubCom
To register for the webinar please click here
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.