Baker Botts hosted a webinar with Todd Staples, President of the Texas Oil & Gas Association and Kenneth Medlock, Senior Director of the Baker Institute Center for Energy Studies on Wednesday, April 22, to discuss the latest update on RRC prorationing discussions.
During the webinar, the following was discussed:
- a summary of recent RRC actions to discuss regulatory burdens;
- a summary of General Land Office action today to reduce the danger of losing state land leases for lack of production;
- a summary of the RRC's meeting, including:
- an overview of the Commissioners' comments on a possible proration order
- a description of the RRC's engagement with other state and country officials
- an outline of Commissioner Sitton's proposal for a proration order in Texas and
- a description of the Blue Ribbon Task Force formed by the RRC
- a discussion of the schedule going forward for consideration of prorationing; and
- a discussion of the path for potential legal challenges to any RRC action
To register to view a recording of this webinar, please click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 700 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 13 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy, technology, and life sciences sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.