Panelist, PLI's Storming the Gatekeepers: When Compliance Officers & In-House Lawyers are at Risk 2017, New York, NY
Discussion topics from the panel included:
- How to defend an in-house lawyer or compliance person in a DOJ or SEC investigation.
- Can an in-house or outside lawyer divulge privileged communications in defending themselves?
- What are the implications on the privilege of such a defense on the investigation and ensuing litigation?
- When will the government charge an individual versus the employer for compliance failures?
- Recent government investigations of in-house counsel and compliance professionals and defense strategies.
A recording of the panel can be accessed from the title link above.