"Stands out for its emergency response counsel"
Chambers USA 2022
An experienced crisis response team that manages all aspects of incident response so clients can focus on their business.
World-Class Response Team. Our nationwide team of over 50 dedicated environmental, safety, and health attorneys includes response practitioners, former government regulators and prosecutors, skilled trial lawyers, experienced investigators and regulatory practitioners.
Responsive, On-the-Ground Support. We are available 24 hours a day to deploy within hours anywhere in the United States and are equipped to manage all aspects of a crisis so clients can focus on their business. We partner with our clients to guide them through the wide-ranging issues associated with a major accident, including:
- Civil and Criminal Enforcement
- Litigation - including shareholder derivative actions, commercial disputes and criminal actions
- Insurance Coverage Issues
- Environmental and Workplace Safety Issues
Pragmatic Approach Informed by Years of Experience. We work closely with company leadership to assess the magnitude and potential long-term impacts of an incident, and to anticipate and prepare for developments that arise in the crisis.
- Our approach is informed by the judgment and experience gained through managing all types of accidents, including fires and explosions, spills, toxic releases and worker fatalities/injuries.
- The relevant federal and state investigators know us well—we have counseled clients in connection with investigations before all federal accident investigative agencies, including the U.S. EPA, OSHA, CSB, NTSB, PHMSA, BSEE, and the U.S. Coast Guard, as well as equivalent state and local authorities.
- The trusted relationships we have built with these agencies enables us to foster helpful and persuasive dialogue with regulators and investigators.