Baker Botts is one of the world's leading law firms widely regarded as among the very best in the Technology, Media, and Entertainment (TME) industries worldwide. We represent some of the largest media conglomerates and global technology firms as well as advise emerging growth companies on the forefront of innovative technologies. Our team brings value with their future focus, spotting potential issues before they occur and solving them with their deep knowledge of the clients’ business and aspirations.
We routinely represent companies across the full-spectrum of tech-related matters inclusive of Corporate, Litigation, Intellectual Property and Regulatory in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Asia.
Our seamless bench of technology lawyers span the globe and offer decades of experience across the following Technology, Media and Entertainment industries.
Some of our recent deals include:
- Liberty Media Corporation in the cross-border $8 billion acquisition of Formula One
- NASCAR and certain directors of International Speedway Corporation in fiduciary duty litigation arising from the company's $2 billion merger
- DISH on the ITC’s determination that the workout technology, Mirror, imported by Peloton, iFit and Lululemon, infringed on patents held by DISH Network’s streaming services
- Zix Corporation in the $860 million sale to OpenText™, a market-leading provider of Information Management solutions
- SiriusXM on antitrust matters regarding the acquisition of Team Coco, including the critically acclaimed hit podcast Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend, and the Conan O'Brien-led podcast network and digital media business