Baker Botts has as long history assisting clients with the development of pipeline projects, particularly those used to transport crude oil, other liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas. In addition to serving as project counsel, the firm represents principal investors, producer consortia, pipeline companies, end-user owners, lenders, operators, shippers, construction contractors and acquirers of existing and new pipeline projects.
Our project teams are multidisciplinary and include lawyers that are intimately familiar with the many issues and disciplines involved in a pipeline project, including the following: tax; project development; business organization; relevant regulatory regimes; health, safety and environmental commitments; business competition laws; and project finance. Our lawyers assist clients with the development, negotiation, and drafting of all of the various project agreements. We also provide counsel with respect to the arrangement of required concessions, host government agreements and treaty regimes necessary to support the project.
We have worked on many innovative and precedent-setting pipeline projects around the globe. We earned the Deal of the Year award from Project Finance Magazine for our role as project counsel to the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) pipeline development project in 2002.
Baker Botts has been recognized as one of the top energy law firms in the USA. maintaining one of the finest oil & gas regulatory groups around, which undertakes regulatory support for our strong LNG practice. We represent oil & gas producers, shippers, and utilities in the full range of FERC counseling and litigation. Our transactional work encompasses corporate and commercial advice, securities, M&A and asset acquisition and divestiture, across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Representative Pipeline Arrangements Include:
- Funding and development agreements
- Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts and other forms of construction contracts
- Transportation service agreements and capacity rights agreements
- Gathering, storage, processing and treating agreements
- Rate design and tariff arrangements
- Concessions, licenses, treaties and other governmental agreements
- Ownership and operating agreements
- Fuel supply arrangements
- Lifting and marine terminal agreements
- Interconnection, expansion and extension agreements
- Asset sale, transfer and purchase agreements
- Finance documentation
- Health, safety and maintenance agreements
- Land use rights and acquisition arrangements
- Tax, Customs and related rights
- Quality bank procedures
Trump Administration Imposes Steel and Aluminum Tariffs Under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962Firm Thought Leadership
International Trade Update
Energy Regulatory Update