State Bar of Texas
Megan LaDriere White is a patent attorney who works closely with clients to develop and protect their intellectual property. Megan is experienced in all areas of patent law, including complex patent litigation, post-grant trials such as inter partes reviews, as well as patent prosecution and counseling. In federal courts across the country and at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Megan litigates patent disputes and prosecutes patents relating to a diverse range of technologies including telecommunications, cellular, software, financial services, power generation and coal facilities, medical devices and health care, and online social networking and dating services.
Megan's litigation experience includes complex, multi-patent infringement lawsuits, competitor cases, defending against non-practicing entities, and defending and counter-suing false advertising claims. She has litigated in and advocated for her clients at trial in popular patent venues, including the Eastern District of Texas and the District of Delaware. From initial pleadings, to summary judgement, and through trial, Megan has experience handling and efficiently managing all phases of a case.
Megan has also managed, prepared, and defended against several inter partes reviews at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. She has represented patent owners and petitioners alike and is able to skillfully balance considerations between an IPR and a co-pending litigation.
Megan's practice is rounded out with her experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications. She assists companies in developing and managing their patent portfolios, while providing counsel and advice on maximizing its value through licensing or even potential assertion.
Prior to joining the firm, Megan served as a judicial law clerk to Judge Reed C. O’Connor of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas. She has also served as a teaching assistant in the patent prosecution course at SMU's Dedman School of Law.
Outside of work, Megan is a fitness instructor at Grit Fitness, teaching a Body Sculpt class once a week. You can regularly find her enjoying a musical or play, hosting a game night, or cheering on Notre Dame football. Megan is also an active member of the Junior League of Dallas, serving on Leadership Council as the Chair of the Grants for Innovative Teaching (GFIT) Committee in 2020-2021.
- National energy company—defense counsel in a patent infringement action in federal district court in Delaware involving patents relating to mercury capture in power plants; counsel in related inter partes review of asserted patents.
- Multinational telecommunications equipment provider—defense counsel in patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Texas involving patents asserted against 4G LTE cellular communication technology; counsel in related inter partes review of asserted patents.
- Multinational online social networking and dating service—counsel in inter partes review and intellectual property counseling and prosecution directed to social media and matching technology.
- Start-up healthcare technology provider—development and implementation of patent filing strategy.
- Multinational wireless service provider—counsel in inter partes review (IPR) involving asserted patents in patent litigation.
- Medical device company—defense counsel and counterclaimant counsel for false advertising.
- International crane company—Petitioner’s counsel in patient infringement and trade secret investigation before the International Trade Commission (ITC).
- National banking institution—intellectual property counseling and prosecution directed to financial services technology.
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration provider—intellectual property counseling and prosecution directed to heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration technologies.
- International hardware manufacturer—prosecution of patent applications relating to semiconductors and touchscreen technology.
- Thermoelectric developer and manufacturer—preparation and prosecution of patent applications relating to thermoelectric devices and technology.
Awards & Community
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer-Rising Star in Intellectual Property (Thomson Reuters), 2020-2021
Active Member of the Junior League of Dallas, currently serving as Assistant Vice President of Signature Projects 2021-2022 and previously served as Grants for Innovative Teaching (GFIT) Chair 2020-2021
Recognized as DVAP's "Volunteer of the Month," December, 2019
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
DBA IP Section
Patent Owners and Litigators Beware: Patent Transfer Agreements May Lead to Involuntary Joinder of the Original Patent OwnerClient Updates
Intellectual Property Report: January 2020
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Baker Botts is proud to sponsor the 59th Annual Conference On Intellectual Property Law. This conference will take place virtually on November 8 - 9, 2021.