Jeffrey Wettengel is an associate in the firm's Environmental, Safety and Incident Response ("ESIR") group. His practice focuses on complex litigation arising under federal environmental laws, which often involves navigating highly technical issues and engaging with experts and consultants on a variety of related matters.
Jeff also has experience defending against putative class action lawsuits, representing parties in multi-district litigation, and performing environmental due diligence for transactions involving real estate.
During law school, Jeff was the Managing Editor of the Journal of Business & Technology Law. He was also a member of the Moot Court Board and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team. Upon graduation, he received the Litigation & Advocacy Award as well as the William P. Cunningham Award, recognizing exceptional achievement and service to the law school.
- Represented power tools manufacturer in CERCLA contribution action against PRP group of over twenty third-party defendants
- Performed environmental due diligence for transactions involving the purchase of real estate
- Represented insurance company in putative class action lawsuit arising under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act
- Represented private equity firm in investigation of fraud claims relating to the acquisition of distressed industrial companies
- Represented domestic subsidiary of international engineering company in connection with non-party subpoenas