Texas Lawbook, The
Connie Simmons Taylor is firmwide Co-Section Chair of the Real Estate & Construction Practice. She focuses on commercial real estate transactions of all asset types, representing primarily developers/owners. Clients rely on Connie for a wide variety of matters relating to office and retail leasing; acquisition, disposition and financing and development of real property.
Clients across numerous U.S. metropolitan markets, such as Houston, Miami, San Francisco and Washington D.C., rely on her significant office leasing experience.
- Financing, refinancing and loan assumptions regarding office buildings, regional shopping malls and retail shopping centers in Houston, San Francisco, Minneapolis and Cincinnati including several portfolio financings for development funds
- Various office leasing transactions involving up to 1,000,000 square feet of office space in a single transaction
- Retail leasing and development of shopping centers in Houston's Baybrook area, including numerous leasing transactions with national retailers
- Lease of approximately 500,000 square feet of space for a major utility company
- Leases of square footage ranging from 10,000 to over 100,000 square feet of space for energy companies and other corporate clients
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented buyers and sellers of office and retail assets in major metropolitan areas and suburban areas in all parts of the United States on a simple asset and a portfolio basis
Awards & Community
Recognized in Chambers USA, 2011-2020
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2006-2018
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer (Thomson Reuters), 2018
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009
Texas Lawbook, The
Global Legal Chronicle
State Bar of Texas Advanced Real Estate Drafting Course
State Bar of Texas Advanced Real Estate Law Course
Baker Botts is proud to be a sponsor of the 2019 Kayo Women's Real Estate Summit being held June 24th and 25th in Chicago.