- Representing a pharmacy benefit management firm in connection with the FTC’s investigation of a US$12 billion horizontal merger. The FTC closed its investigation without taking action, allowing the transaction to close on time.
- Representing a major life and health insurance company in three significant health plan acquisitions with a combined value of approximately US$4 billion. Advising the client from the early strategic analyses of the transactions, crafting antitrust risk provisions for the deals and seeing the deals through to completion. All three transactions were closely scrutinized based on antitrust concerns by the DOJ and multiple state insurance departments. Receiving clearance for the transactions from the DOJ and state insurance regulators without divestitures or other antitrust relief.
- Defending a large electric power company in a DOJ investigation of a US$8.5 billion horizontal merger creating one of the largest investor-owned electric systems in the country. Fully complied with the DOJ's second request and received antitrust clearance with no relief sought.
- Representing a major manufacturer of products used in steel mills in a DOJ investigation of US$1 billion merger with a global competitor. Defending the U.S. investigation of the merger, including a second request, coordinating with parallel EU investigation, and negotiating a consent decree that allowed the transaction to close on time.
- Representing one of the largest glass container manufacturers in the U.S. in a DOJ investigation of a US$880 million merger with a global container manufacturer. DOJ closed the investigation without seeking relief.
- Representing a major steel product company in DOJ antitrust investigation, including second request, of a US$800 million acquisition of a horizontal competitor. DOJ closed the investigation without seeking relief.