Tamar Stanley concentrates on federal income tax matters, and her practice includes advising clients on tax-efficient structures for corporate mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures, divisions, dispositions, restructurings, and other reorganizations. She also regularly counsels clients in connection with the tax aspects of capital market transactions and other equity or debt financings.
- Representation of Liberty Expedia Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition by Expedia Group, Inc.
- Acquisition by Liberty Interactive Corporation of a controlling interest in General Communication, Inc. through the contribution of its Ventures Group assets and liabilities and split-off of the combined company
- Representation of NASCAR in its acquisition of International Speedway Corporation
- Sale of Barnes & Noble to funds advised by Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited
- Acquisition of HSN, Inc. by Liberty Interactive Corporation
- Acquisition of Formula One by Liberty Media Corporation
- Sale of Starz to Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation
- 2016 Spin-off of CommerceHub, Inc. by Liberty Interactive Corporation
- Recapitalization of Liberty Media Corporation's outstanding stock into three tracking stock groups and subsequent rights offering on behalf of its Braves Group
- Acquisition of zulily, inc. by Liberty Interactive Corporation
- Combination of Provide Commerce, Inc. and FTD Companies
- 2014 Spin-off of a Liberty Interactive Corporation subsidiary owning Buyseasons, Inc. and a controlling interest in TripAdvisor, Inc.
- Representation of Liberty Media Corporation in connection with its offering of $1 billion of cash convertible notes and entry into privately negotiated cash convertible note hedge and warrant transactions
- Acquisition by Liberty Media Corporation of a 27.3% equity interest in Charter Communications
- 2013 Spin-off pursuant to which Starz and Liberty Media Corporation became separate publicly traded companies
- 2011 Split-off of Liberty Interactive Corporation’s Liberty Capital and Liberty Starz tracking stock groups by means of a redemptive transaction for mirror tracking stocks of a subsidiary
- Acquisition of an IAC/InterActiveCorp subsidiary owning the Evite and Gifts.com businesses and cash in exchange for Liberty Media Corporation's equity stake in IAC/InterActiveCorp
- Representation of Liberty Media Chairman, John C. Malone, and certain of his affiliates in a $1 billion stock exchange with DIRECTV
- Representation of QVC, Inc. in connection with its offering of $1 billion in senior secured notes
- 2009 Split-off of Liberty Entertainment, Inc., owning 57% of The DirecTV Group, Inc., 65% of GSN, three regional sports networks and cash, and the subsequent combination of Liberty Entertainment and The DirecTV Group
- Representation of Mediacom Communications Corporation in connection with its redemption of Morris Communications’ equity stake in Mediacom in exchange for a company owning cable assets and cash
- Acquisition of a News Corp. subsidiary owning a 41 percent interest in The DirecTV Group, Inc., three regional sports networks and cash in a tax-free exchange for Liberty Media Corporation’s 16.3 percent stake in News Corp
- Acquisition of a Time Warner Inc. subsidiary owning the Atlanta Braves MLB Club, Leisure Arts, Inc. and cash in a $1.5 billion tax-free exchange for shares of Time Warner common stock owned by Liberty Media Corporation
- $3.5 billion combination of the businesses of Liberty Media International, Inc., and cable operator UnitedGlobalCom, Inc., through mergers with subsidiaries of a newly formed parent company, Liberty Global, Inc.
Global Legal Chronicle
New Proposed Regulations Provide Welcome Transition Relief From Application of Onerous Proposed Section 382 Net Operating Loss Limitation Rules to Certain M&A TransactionsFirm Thought Leadership
Proposed Regulations Under Section 956 Could Expand Guarantor Group and Collateral Base for Financing Transactions Involving Domestic CorporationsFirm Thought Leadership