International Financial Law Review
"Nigel Stacey 'excels at delivering the best results on deals' and is 'a real star'"
The Legal 500 UK 2020
Nigel Stacey is a senior partner in our global M&A and corporate finance practice. He is co-head of the firm's cross-border M&A practice as well as co-head of our public M&A practice.
Nigel is valued by his wide range of clients for providing commercial, pragmatic and sound business advice. He is widely viewed as a trusted adviser to the boards of many UK and international listed companies, financial institutions and investors.
Nigel has more than 25 years' experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions including public takeovers (with extensive experience in competitive and hostile situations), stock exchange matters and equity capital markets transactions.
Nigel is active in a wide range of sectors including life sciences, gaming, real estate, logistics, industrials and consumer businesses. He has advised on a number of global and UK "firsts."
Nigel is also ranked as "Highly Regarded" by IFLR 1000, 2020 for Capital Markets: Equity, M&A and Private Equity.
- Amryt Pharma plc on its acquisition of Aegerion out of chapter 11 and the associated relisting of the enlarged group on AIM.
- Marriott International Inc on its public offer for Elegant Resorts plc.
- LSG Skychefs on the sale to dNata of its interest in the UK airport catering business.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals on numerous acquisitions and fundraisings.
- Forterra plc on its London listing.
- Proposed £10bn public offer for GVC plc.
- Proposed £70bn public offer for AstraZeneca.
- Announced £3bn possible public offer for IWG plc.
- GE Healthcare on numerous acquisitions and disposals.
- Towers Watson on its $18bn merger of equals with Willis Group.
- Terra Firma in the £921m sale of Odeon and UCI Cinemas to AMC theatres.
- Avnet on its £868m competitive offer for Premier Farnell plc.
- Pomona Capital and Pantheon in their proposed white knight acquisition of a portfolio of assets from SVG plc in response to the hostile offer for SVG from HarbourVest.
- UPS in its acquisition of Marken, a provider of supply chain solutions to the life sciences industry.
- Atlantic Alliance Partnership Corp on its £136m public offer for TLA Worldwide plc, a sports marketing management and events agency.
- Kindred on its £200m public offer for 32 Red Limited, an online casino, poker and bingo operator.
Awards & Community
Ranked as "Highly Regarded" for Capital Markets: Equity, M&A and Private Equity by IFLR 1000, 2020
Recognized as "Corporate Team of the Year" by Legal Business Awards (Legalease Ltd.), 2019
Recognized as "Restructuring Team of the Year" by British Legal Awards (UK/Legal Week), 2011
Legal Week (UK)
Financier Worldwide - Online
Legal Business - Online
Financial Times - FT.com