Robin Spigel is a partner in the firm's Financial Restructuring group. She regularly represents companies in chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings. Robin also represents acquirers, creditors, landlords, and professionals in various distressed company transactions.
In-Court and Out-of-Court Company Restructuring*
- Represent Griddy Energy LLC, a real electric provider, in its chapter 11 case
- Represented upstream oil and gas production company and certain affiliates in their non-judicial restructuring
- Represented Aralez Pharmaceuticals U.S. Inc., a global specialty pharmaceutical company that acquired, developed and commercialized pharmaceutical products, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases, which included multiple sales of the company's assets
- Represented a technology driven energy services company and certain affiliates in their non-judicial restructuring
- Represented SquareTwo Financial Corporation, the acquirer, manager and collector of past due commercial accounts, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases
- Represented CORE Media Group Inc., an entertainment content company that owns, produces and develops quality programming, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases
- Represented K-V Pharmaceutical Company, a specialty branded pharmaceutical marketing company primarily focused on women's health care products, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases
- Represented PlayPower, Inc., a leading manufacturer of playground equipment, and certain affiliates in their non-judicial restructuring
- Represented RathGibson, Inc., a leading specialty manufacturer of highly engineered premium stainless steel and alloy tubular products, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases
- Represented Greatwide Logistics Services, Inc. a national trucking and logistics company, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases, which included the sale of substantially all of the company's assets
- Represented National Energy & Gas Transmission, Inc., an energy company, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases, which included the sales of the company's gas transmission line of business and the company's independent power generation line of business
- Represented a privately-owned insurance company in its non-judicial restructuring
- Represented Petroleum Geo-Services ASA, a Norwegian oil and gas field exploratory company, in its pre-negotiated chapter 11 case
- Represented a medical imaging company in the non-judicial wind-down of its businesses
- Represented XO Communications, Inc., a telecommunications company, in its chapter 11 case
Representative Sale Experience*
- Represented Liberty Oilfield Services Holdings LLC as purchaser of substantially all of the assets related to the U.S. businesses of Sanjel Corporation and certain of its affiliated chapter 15 debtors
- Represented private investment firm as largest secured lender in its credit bid for substantially all of the assets of Classic Party Rentals
- Represented private investment firm in its joint bid for substantially all of the assets of Empire Die Casting
- Represented National Dairy Holdings as stalking horse purchaser of certain assets in the Parmalat USA Corp. chapter 11 case
- Represented Broadview Networks, Inc. as purchaser of substantially all of the assets of Lightwave Communications, Inc.
- Represented MLM Information Services as purchaser of substantially all of the assets of Burr Wolf, L.P.
- Represent the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Southland Royalty Company LLC
- Represented largest unsecured creditor in Elk Petroleum, Inc. chapter 11 case
- Represented various professionals with respect to engagements in numerous judicial and non-judicial restructurings
- Represented several Deutsche affiliated funds as creditors of various Lehman foreign and domestics entities
- Represented several healthcare REITs as landlords of distressed tenant-operators of skilled nursing facilities and nursing homes
*Certain Experience Prior to Joining Baker Botts
Awards & Community
Certificate of Appreciation, Women in Need, Inc.
"Restructuring Deal of the Year," 4th Annual International M&A Advisor Awards
Deal Pipeline, The
New York Court of Appeals Holds That Strict Foreclosure Impairs Minority Noteholders' Rights to PaymentClient Updates
Houston Bankruptcy Court Determines (1) Make-Whole Claim is Not Disallowed by the Bankruptcy Code and (2) Solvent Debtor Exception Still Exists under the Bankruptcy CodeClient Updates
Corporate Counsel, Law.com
2020 Houston Board of Directors Forum
On Thursday, November 12, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. CT, our Baker Botts corporate partners discussed the policy and legal aspects related to companies managing their business in the energy industry into 2021 and beyond.
The third annual Houston Board of Directors Forum is a half day event that will address hot topics and critical issues affecting Boards and Corporate Directors in 2020.