Carlos Solé serves as Deputy Department Chair, Global Projects Department and Chair of the firm's Latin America Practice and concentrates his practice on domestic and international corporate and finance transactions, with a particular focus on the energy industry. Mr. Solé represents clients in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of a diverse range of energy-related project development, merger and acquisition, financing and commodity sales transactions in the natural gas, petroleum and power sectors.
In 2022, Mr. Solé was named one of Latin America's Top 100 lawyers in Energy and Project Finance by Latinvex.
Mr. Solé is a native speaker of Spanish.
- Various entities in the negotiation, documentation and structuring of domestic and international merger and acquisition and joint venture transactions, primarily involving energy infrastructure assets
- Developers and lenders in non-recourse energy project financings, including the negotiation, documentation and structuring of credit, loan and security agreements
- Independent power producers in the negotiation and drafting of such project-related documents as consortium, fuel supply, interconnection, joint development, project company, power sales and real estate agreements
- Sponsors of LNG projects in their underlying project agreements, including their shipping arrangements
- North American energy marketing and trading enterprises in the negotiation and documentation of natural gas and power sales transactions
- Various entities in the negotiation, documentation and structuring of major equipment and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts for power plant, natural gas and offshore petroleum projects in the United States and Latin America
- Lenders in various cross-border financing transactions in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and other Latin American countries
- U.S. and other multinational enterprises in the establishment of cross-border manufacturing operations in Mexico and Central America
Awards & Community
Recognized by LatinVex as one of Latin America's "Top 100 Lawyers" in Energy and Project Finance, 2022
Recommended by Chambers USA, 2016, 2017 & 2018
Reuters - Reuters.com
Mexico Energy Update: Renewable Energy Foreign Investment Under Threat; Protracted Legal Fight Looms AheadClient Updates