Richard Sitton, senior counsel in our Houston office, has more than 35 years of experience representing clients involved in the energy sector. His practice focuses on a range of lending and capital market transactions including revolving borrowing base loans, second lien term loans, mezzanine debt, high-yield and secured bonds, DIP and exit facilities, as well as, engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction contracts.
Richard represents corporate borrowers and issuers, commercial banks and mezzanine lenders, institutional investors and insurance companies. He also represents upstream, midstream, engineering and oilfield services companies in addition to downstream sector entities including refineries, petrochemical manufacturers, and power generation companies.
- Represented BNP Paribas, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., KeyBank National Association and Capital One in connection with numerous first lien borrowing base financing transactions and second lien term loans ranging in size from $35 million to $2.25 billion
- Represented creditors in connection with borrower restructurings and DIP and exit financing transactions
- Represented a hedge fund in numerous mezzanine and second lien facilities for exploration and production and oil field service concerns
- Represented an offshore driller in connection with its $650 million first lien revolver and its $200 million second lien term loan
- Represented a multinational petrochemical provider in connection with two Middle Eastern world scale ethylene and derivatives facilities including joint venture participation by local government owned enterprises
Awards & Community
Recognized by Chambers USA as a "Leading Lawyer" in Banking & Finance-Texas, 2020
Attorney Recruiter Placements and Legal Recruiter Placements and Lateral Attorney Moves for the Week of July 12, 2021.Lateral Attorney Report
Lateral Attorney Report