- Defended technology, life sciences and financial services companies against more than four dozen investor class and derivative actions alleging federal securities fraud, improper accounting, director and officer malfeasance and insider trading
- Litigated wide array of consumer and business practices class actions (including those challenging product disclosure, advertising and labeling) and commercial and contractual disputes
- Represented issuers and registrants in many parallel SEC, FINRA and United States Attorney investigations in California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Washington, and Washington D.C.
- Conducted independent investigations for boards of directors of NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ issuers, including financial regulatory, accounting, and corrupt practices investigations in Asia, Europe and Latin America
- Represented investment advisers, insurers, and broker dealers in class actions and regulatory proceedings involving the marketing, distribution and performance of mutual funds, annuities, and traditional and variable insurance
- Defended securities class actions alleging biased research and market manipulation by investment bankers
- Defended non-disclosure, fiduciary duty and mismanagement claims brought directly and derivatively by minority investors in close corporations, partnership and limited liability companies
- Defended officers and directors of publicity traded bank in control contest and against disclosure claims based on filings with federal banking regulators and the SEC