Texas Lawbook, The
Jason Rocha represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions and securities matters. He advises companies in connection with takeovers, private sales and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. He also represents issuers and investment banking firms in initial public offerings, Rule 144A offerings and other private placements. Jason also represents private equity firms and management teams in private equity investments and exit transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP – $445 million acquisition of Haymaker Minerals & Royalties
- Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP – $108 million dropdown of assets from sponsors
- Halliburton Company – proposed acquisition of Baker Hughes
- Plains GP Holdings, L.P. – $7.2 billion simplification transaction with Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. – formation of a midstream joint venture with assets of over $11 billion involving OGE Energy Corp. and ArcLight Capital Partners
- TPC Group Inc. – acquisition for cash by First Reserve Group and SK Capital Partners
- Champion Energy - sale of retail electric provider business to Calpine Corporation
- Marathon Oil Corporation – $15 billion spin-off of Marathon Petroleum Corporation
- Mariner Energy, Inc. – $3.9 billion acquisition by Apache Corporation
- Encore Acquisition Company – $4.5 billion acquisition for cash and
- Recent Initial Public Offerings (Representing Issuers or Underwriters):
- Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP
- Rice Midstream Partners, LP
- Enable Midstream Partners, LP
- Rice Energy Inc.
- Athlon Energy Inc.
- Plains GP Holdings, LP
- Summit Midstream Partners, LP
- Rose Rock Midstream, LP
- Forum Energy Technologies, Inc.
- PAA Natural Gas Storage, LP
- Encore Energy Partners LP
- TransMontaigne Partners LP
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation – $3 billion multi-tranche Rule 144A senior notes offering
- Waste Management, Inc. – over $4.0 billion in public offerings of senior notes
Awards & Community
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2009, 2011-2017
Global Legal Chronicle
Global Legal Chronicle
Delaware Governor Issues Emergency Order to Provide Relief for Public Company Stockholder Meetings Impacted by COVID-19Firm Thought Leadership