Mergers and Acquisitions
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc.－formation of midstream joint venture with OGE Energy Corp. and ArcLight Capital Partners with assets over $11 billion
- Schlumberger Limited－$11 billion acquisition of Smith International, Inc.
- Encore Acquisition Company－$4.5 billion acquisition for cash and stock by Denbury Resources Inc.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation－$4 billion acquisition of WildHorse Resource Development Corporation
- John Wood Group PLC－$2.8 billion sale of well support division
- John Wood Group PLC－formation of joint venture with Siemens AG with assets over $1 billion
- John Wood Group PLC－$300 million aggregate acquisitions
- Petroleum Geo-Services ASA－$210 million sale of onshore seismic business to Geokinetics Inc.
- Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.－multiple acquisitions of pressure pumping assets
Capital Markets－Issuer Representation
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc.－$1.9 billion public offering of common stock; $978 million public offering of depositary shares representing a 1/20 interest in a share of its 7.00% Series B Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock; $800 million public offering of preferred stock
- CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric, LLC－multiple offerings of general mortgage bonds totaling $1.9 billion
- CenterPoint Energy Resources Corp.－$600 million public offering of senior notes
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation－over $5 billion aggregate public and private offerings of securities
- Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP－$90 million initial public offering; $110 million private placement of preferred units
- Enable Midstream Partners, LP－$575 million initial public offering; $360 million private placement of preferred units; $700 million public offering of senior notes
- Transocean Ltd.－$2 billion public offering of senior notes
- Issuer－$375 million Rule 144A offering of senior notes of a natural gas pipeline company with operations in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi
Capital Markets－Underwriter Representation
- Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc.－$300 million initial public offering of common stock
- Rose Rock Midstream, L.P.－$140 million initial public offering of common units
- Targa Resources Corp.－$360 million initial public offering of common stock
- Targa Resources Partners LP－$800 million aggregate public offerings of common units
- Spectra Energy Capital, LLC－$300 million public offering of senior notes
- Spectra Energy Corp－$400 million public offering of common stock
- Azure Midstream Partners, LP－$50 million public offering of common units
- $300 million Rule 144A offering of senior notes of a natural gas pipeline company with operations in Alabama, Florida and Mississippi
Public Company Counsel
- Corporate counsel to CenterPoint Energy, Inc., Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Enable Midstream Partners, LP, Dril-Quip, Inc.