Texas Lawbook, The
Clint Rancher represents public and private businesses in a broad range of corporate and securities matters. He represents clients in equity and debt offerings, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate concerns, including Exchange Act reporting and corporate governance. He has substantial experience in the energy industry and is a member of the Baker Botts Oil and Gas M&A team.
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Mr. Rancher worked in the assurance practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers L.L.P.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc.－formation of midstream joint venture with OGE Energy Corp. and ArcLight Capital Partners with assets over $11 billion
- Schlumberger Limited－$11 billion acquisition of Smith International, Inc.
- Encore Acquisition Company－$4.5 billion acquisition for cash and stock by Denbury Resources Inc.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation－$4 billion acquisition of WildHorse Resource Development Corporation
- John Wood Group PLC－$2.8 billion sale of well support division
- John Wood Group PLC－formation of joint venture with Siemens AG with assets over $1 billion
- John Wood Group PLC－$300 million aggregate acquisitions
- Petroleum Geo-Services ASA－$210 million sale of onshore seismic business to Geokinetics Inc.
- Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc.－multiple acquisitions of pressure pumping assets
Capital Markets－Issuer Representation
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc.－$1.9 billion public offering of common stock; $978 million public offering of depositary shares representing a 1/20 interest in a share of its 7.00% Series B Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock; $800 million public offering of preferred stock
- CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric, LLC－multiple offerings of general mortgage bonds totaling $1.9 billion
- CenterPoint Energy Resources Corp.－$600 million public offering of senior notes
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation－over $5 billion aggregate public and private offerings of securities
- Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP－$90 million initial public offering; $110 million private placement of preferred units
- Enable Midstream Partners, LP－$575 million initial public offering; $360 million private placement of preferred units; $700 million public offering of senior notes
- Transocean Ltd.－$2 billion public offering of senior notes
- Issuer－$375 million Rule 144A offering of senior notes of a natural gas pipeline company with operations in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi
Capital Markets－Underwriter Representation
- Midstates Petroleum Company, Inc.－$300 million initial public offering of common stock
- Rose Rock Midstream, L.P.－$140 million initial public offering of common units
- Targa Resources Corp.－$360 million initial public offering of common stock
- Targa Resources Partners LP－$800 million aggregate public offerings of common units
- Spectra Energy Capital, LLC－$300 million public offering of senior notes
- Spectra Energy Corp－$400 million public offering of common stock
- Azure Midstream Partners, LP－$50 million public offering of common units
- $300 million Rule 144A offering of senior notes of a natural gas pipeline company with operations in Alabama, Florida and Mississippi
Public Company Counsel
- Corporate counsel to CenterPoint Energy, Inc., Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Enable Midstream Partners, LP, Dril-Quip, Inc.
Awards & Community
Recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2014-2018
Activist Daily - The Deal
Texas Lawbook, The
2020 Houston Board of Directors Forum
The third annual Houston Board of Directors Forum is a half day event that will address hot topics and critical issues affecting Boards and Corporate Directors in 2020.
The ACC Houston Chapter and Baker Botts will host a luncheon and CLE presentation on purchase price adjustment mechanisms and current practices.