Jason Rabbitt-Tomita is a partner based in the firm's Palo Alto office. Mr. Rabbitt-Tomita represents clients in a wide variety of M&A transactions, joint ventures, and financings. He has represented clients in the technology, finance, retail, and energy industries in both U.S. and cross-border deals, with a deal value of $100 billion. Mr. Rabbitt-Tomita has been lead adviser on many notable M&A transactions for some of the world's most well-known tech companies.
- A major semiconductor company in the acquisition of a multitude of targets in the artificial intelligence, digital media streaming, voice and vision technologies, the Internet of Things, and autonomous driving spaces.
- A leading provider of wealth management and technology solutions for financial advisors in the acquisition of a SaaS-based financial planning company for $145 million in cash and stock.
- A leading design tools company in its acquisition of a high-frequency RF EDA software business and a formal analysis technology company.
- Jasper Therapeutics, Inc. in business combination with Amplitude Healthcare Acquisition Corporation.
- Aixtron, Inc. in the sale of its ALD/CVD memory product line to Eugene Technology, Inc.
- Broadcom Corporation in its $37 billion sale to Avago Technologies Limited and its $147 million sale of Ethernet controller-related assets and non-exclusive IP licenses to QLogic Corporation.
- Yahoo! Inc. in its sale for more than $9 billion of a portion of its stake in Alibaba in the $25 billion Alibaba IPO (then the largest IPO in history), its $7.6 billion sale in 2012 of a portion of its stake in Alibaba (then the largest e-commerce M&A transaction in history and the largest-ever M&A deal between a U.S. and a Chinese company), and its agreements with Alibaba, Softbank Corp. and Alipay.com Co., Ltd. regarding the $4 billion restructuring of the Alibaba Group's Alipay business (China's largest online payment system).
- Nokia Corporation in the $7.2 billion sale of its devices and services business to Microsoft Corporation.
- RPX Corporation in its $900 million acquisition of patent assets from Rockstar Consortium US LP.
- Hewlett-Packard Company in its acquisition of Voltage Security, Inc.
- Criteo S.A. in its acquisition of DataPop.
- Capgemini in its acquisition of the commercial cybersecurity division of Leidos.
- CyberArk Software Ltd. in its acquisition of Conjur, Inc.
Awards & Community
Recognized by The Daily Journal with the California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Award, 2016