- Defending Olin Corp. in multiple proposed class actions alleging conspiracy to fix caustic soda prices.
- Represent Shell Oil in multiple matters, including sale of Martinez Refinery and other California assets.
- Represent UnitedHealth in multiple matters, including acquisition of Equian, LLC.
- Represent Liberty Media and SiriusXM in numerous transactions, including acquisition of Pandora Media and the Home Shopping Network.
- Represented AT&T, Time Warner, and their respective CEOs in three private lawsuits (brought in the C.D. Cal. and N.D. Tex.) challenging the proposed AT&T/Time Warner merger.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in numerous transactions, including acquisition of Donhad Pty Ltd, Manroland Web Systems, and Flow International.
- Represented Southern Company in recent sale of Gulf Power, Elizabethtown Gas, and Elkton Gas to various purchasers.
- Represented Valero Energy Corp. in multiple transactions, including proposed acquisition of Plains All American's San Francisco Terminals.
- Century Aluminum of South Carolina Inc. v. South Carolina Public Service Authority - Counsel for Century Aluminum in action brought in South Carolina federal court alleging Sherman Act Section 1 and 2 violations. Settled favorably.
- Grand Strand Water and Sewer Authority v. Oltrin Solutions LLC - Counsel for Olin in dismissal from class action alleging violations of Sherman Act Section 1 case.
- Represented Olin Corp. in acquisition of Dow's Chlorine Products Business.
- Represented Regency Energy Partners' acquisition of PVR Partners and Eagle Rock Partners. No FTC action despite second request.
While at the FTC, Mr. Oliver:
- Reviewed multiple mergers among major master limited partnerships in the oil and gas industry.
- Investigated alleged anticompetitive conduct in the gathering, processing, storage, and pipeline transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids.
- Investigated multiple acquisitions of petroleum refineries in varying markets across the United States.
- Participated in the FTC's challenge of Graco Inc.'s proposed acquisition of ITW Finishing LLC from Illinois Tool Works Inc (the parties ultimately settled with the FTC).
- Investigated consummated mergers in varying industries, including the oil and gas industry.