- Represent oil and gas industry clients in climate change litigation across the United States.
- Represented aggregates producer in product liability and breach of warranty action, involving illegal contracts and federal environmental regulations.
- Represented international shipping client through the bankruptcy and restructuring process, while navigating jurisdictional issues, claims for breach of contract, a workplace fatality, and environmental violations.
- Represented oil and gas industry client in prosecuting claim for breach of a Purchase Sale Agreement relating to disputed decommissioning liabilities.
- Defends multiple oil refineries, chemical plants, and midstream oil and gas companies in OSHA citations alleging violations of process safety management standard and other safety regulations, including related civil litigation.
Major Accident and Incident Response
- Representation of a Fortune 50 chemical manufacturer in connection with investigations by the CSB, OSHA, the EPA and other agencies into a four-fatality accident resulting from the release of toxic chemicals, including subsequent enforcement.
- Representation of a Fortune 50 integrated energy company following a refinery fire, including before the CSB, the EPA and state agencies.
- Representation of energy companies in connection with environmental criminal investigations.
- Performed internal company investigation relating to OSHA investigation of an 11(c) whistleblower complaint.
- Performed internal company investigation and provided risk assessment and recommendations to client relating to potential white-collar crime claims, including antitrust violations.
- Investigated client's business formation and structure as it related to potential liability for breach of fiduciary duties and usurpation of corporate opportunities.
- Researched and provided comprehensive background to energy client regarding relevant environmental regulations, company compliance, potential liability, and recommendations.