Bridget Moore is Co-Chair of the firm's Litigation Department. Ms. Moore's practice focuses on securities enforcement, internal investigations and white collar defense. In particular, she helps clients settle enforcement matters brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Prior to joining Baker Botts in May 2003, Ms. Moore worked as a staff attorney in the Division of Enforcement at the SEC. While at the SEC, she conducted investigations involving the antifraud provisions of the federal securities laws, proxy violations, insider trading and various disclosure and reporting violations. In addition, Ms. Moore participated in trials centering on the fraudulent promotion of stocks, earning her the Enforcement Division Director’s Award for Trial Work.
Ms. Moore was short listed as one of five national finalists for the “Up and Coming Regulatory Lawyer of the Year” award presented by Chambers USA (2012).
- Financial services company – defense of SEC investigation concerning blockchain-backed cash loans
- Major pipeline company – defense of SEC investigation concerning certain accounting restatements. Convinced the Staff to close the investigation without recommending an enforcement action
- Major consumer products corporation – internal review of FCPA allegations involving settlements with an Asian tax authority
- Major aviation corporation – broad review of FCPA compliance, including use of sales agents in Asia, Europe and South America
- Major multinational corporation – defense of parallel investigations by the SEC, DOJ and the United Nations' Volcker Commission into alleged kickbacks and bribery in the U.N.'s Iraqi Oil-for-Food Program
- Financial products company – defense of allegations of structuring transactions for clients to achieve off-balance-sheet accounting treatment in violation of applicable accounting rules and securities law
- Former CEO of Delphi Corporation – defense of SEC enforcement claims of accounting fraud. Verdict for defendant on all fraud and false reporting charges, verdict for SEC on certain books-and-records charges
- Hedge fund – representation of hedge fund in multiple SEC investigations of the fund's trading in various financial securities
- Self-Regulatory Organization – representation of SRO in connection with various SEC oversight and trading investigations
- Corporate officer – representation of multiple corporate officers in matters such as SEC insider trading and options backdating investigations, class and derivative actions stemming from market timing allegations, and alleged violations of GAAP standards
- Investment adviser – inquiry into disclosure of IPO allocation and mutual fund disclosure
- Several Fortune 100 companies – various nonpublic SEC investigations
- Various publicly traded companies and hedge funds – provide regulatory advice in connection with the implementation of the Dodd Frank Act and related regulatory developments
Awards & Community
Recognized in Chambers USA, 2018 & 2019
Recognized as a Washington D.C. Super Lawyer (Thomson Reuters), 2017 & 2018
Recognized as a Washington D.C. Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2013 & 2014
Global Investigations Review, Top 100 Women in Investigations, 2015
Recommended in The Legal 500 U.S., 2013
SEC Division Director's Award for Trial Work, 2002
SBA and Treasury Release Regulations Regarding PPP Loan Forgiveness, Review Procedures, and Borrower and Lender ResponsibilitiesFirm Thought Leadership
SBA and Treasury Release PPP Loan Forgiveness Application; Answering Some Questions While Others RemainFirm Thought Leadership
Tax-White Collar Update
Baker Botts will be hosting the Women’s White Collar Defense Association for a luncheon featuring Deborah Connor, Chief of the Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section of the Department of Justice, on Wednesday, January 30th.
When the Government Comes Knocking: Tips and Strategies to Answering the Door and Proactively Managing Risk in the Era of Rapid Information Exchange
On Tuesday, May 22, Baker Botts will be hosting the CLE program, "When the Government Comes Knocking: Tips and Strategies to Answering the Door and Proactively Managing Risk in the Era of Rapid Information Exchange" in partnership with the Association of Corporate Counsel.
Baker Botts will host a comprehensive CLE program in our Washington office on October 24, 2017.