Laura Katherine Mann represents public and private companies in a broad range of corporate and securities matters. She represents issuers, investment banking firms and other investors in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, including initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary public offerings and 144A offerings. Her practice also includes mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters, including Exchange Act reporting and corporate governance.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Conflicts Committee of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP) and Special Committee of Kinder Morgan Management (KMR) – $70 billion purchase of KMP, KMR and El Paso Pipeline Partners by Kinder Morgan, Inc.
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. – formation of midstream joint venture with OGE Energy Corp. and ArcLight Capital Partners with assets over $11 billion
- Board of Directors of Plains GP Holdings, L.P. – $7.2 billion simplification transaction with Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- WorleyParsons Ltd. – $3.2 billion acquisition of the energy, chemicals and resources division of Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
- U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. – $750 million acquisition of EP Minerals
- Conflicts Committee of Arc Logistics Partners LP – $406 million acquisition by Zenith Energy
- Halliburton Company – Acquisition of Summit ESP, LLC
- American Industrial Partners – $350 million aggregate acquisitions and dispositions
- Lazard Frères & Co., as Financial Advisor to Furmanite Corporation, in $335 Million merger with Team, Inc.
- Conflicts Committee of Noble Midstream Partners LP – various transactions, including $270 million asset dropdown from Noble Energy, Inc.
- Wood Group PSN, Inc. – $150 million acquisition of industrial construction and maintenance contractor for the hydrocarbon processing, midstream and industrial gases industries
- Era Group Inc. – sale of its Dart Holding Company Ltd. joint venture
- Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. in various acquisitions, including the acquisition of Multilift Systems and the assets of Cooper Valves, LLC
Capital Markets Issuer Representation
- CenterPoint Energy, Inc. – $1.9 billion public offering of common stock; $978 million public offering of depositary shares representing a 1/20 interest in a share of its 7.00% Series B Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock; $800 million public offering of preferred stock
- CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric, LLC – multiple offerings of general mortgage bonds totaling $2.6 billion
- CenterPoint Energy Resources Corp. – $600 million public offering of senior notes
- Affiliates of McDermott International, Inc. – $1.3 billion private placement of senior notes
- Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. – $1.1 billion initial public offering
- Affiliates of Transocean Ltd. – $750 million private placement of senior secured notes; $700 million waterfall debt tender offer; $600 million private placement of senior secured notes; $550 million private placement of senior secured notes
- Enable Midstream Partners, LP – $575 million initial public offering; $363 million private investment in preferred equity by CenterPoint Energy, Inc.; $161 million public equity offering
- Cactus, Inc. – $332 million public equity offering
- Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. – $173 million public equity offering
- Kimbell Royalty Partners, LP – $110 million private placement of preferred units
- Parker Drilling Company – $225 million private placement of debt securities
- Insperity, Inc. – modified Dutch auction tender offer
Capital Markets Underwriter Representation
- Sabal Trail Transmission, LLC – $1.5 billion aggregate offering of senior notes
- Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. – Multiple public offerings of debt securities and common units totaling $1.9 billion
- Spectra Energy Partners, LP – $800 million public debt offering; at-the-market continuous offering program
- Spectra Energy Capital, LLC – $650 million public debt offering
- Spectra Energy Corp – $394 million public equity offering
- Cactus, Inc. – $503 million initial public offering
- Pacific Drilling V Limited – $500 million private placement of debt securities
- Enbridge Energy Management, L.L.C. – $297 million public equity offering; $269 million public equity offering
- Northern Tier Energy LLC and Northern Tier Finance Corporation – $275 million private placement of debt securities
- OCI Resources LP – $95 million initial public offering
- C&J Energy Services, Inc. – $59.7 million secondary offering
- Rice Midstream Partners LP – PIPE
- Civeo Corporation – Redomiciliation to British Columbia, Canada
- Special Committee of Halcón Resources Corporation – restructuring of notes and warrants
Public Company Corporate Counsel
- Corporate counsel to CenterPoint Energy, Inc., Civeo Corporation, CVR Energy, Inc., CVR Partners, LP, Enable Midstream Partners, LP and Forum Energy Technologies, Inc. – Exchange Act reporting, proxy statements; NYSE and NASDAQ matters; board matters; corporate governance; committee charters; Reg FD issues; Section 16 compliance; distribution reinvestment plans