Jessica Lin's practice focuses on patent litigation, patent prosecution, IP licensing, and counseling. Her practice encompasses a broad range of technologies, including computer hardware and software applications, semiconductor devices, magnetic data storage tapes, telecommunication networks, imaging and display systems, signal and data processing, and medical devices.
Ms. Lin has represented clients in district courts, the United States International Trade Commission, and before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and Patent Trial and Appeal Board. She has extensive experience all phases of litigation including oral argument, trial, discovery, claim construction, and summary judgment. She is also well-versed in preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
- In the Matter of Certain Magnetic Tape Cartridges and Components Thereof (International Trade Commission) – representation of Fujifilm respondents in patent infringement investigation relating to magnetic tape cartridges
- In the Matter of Certain Magnetic Data Storage Tapes and Cartridges Containing the Same (International Trade Commission) – representation of Fujifilm complainants in patent infringement investigation relating to magnetic tape cartridges
- Koninklijke KPN N.V. v. Samsung Electronics America, Inc. et al. (United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas) – representation of Samsung in defense against allegations of patent infringement relating to mobile phone technologies.
- On Track Innovations (OTI) v. T-Mobile, Inc. (Southern District of New York) – representation of Plaintiff OTI in patent infringement litigation involving NFC technology and mobile phones
Patent Prosecution, Counseling, & Post-Grant Proceedings
- Qualcomm - representation in inter partes review proceedings
- Fujifilm – representation in inter partes review proceedings
- Vidyo, Inc. – patent counseling, prosecution and management of a worldwide patent portfolio directed to audiovisual data compression and transmission
- MasterCard International Incorporated – patent prosecution matters
- Major U.S. automobile company – patent prosecution, drafting, and counseling involving automatic driving systems
- Large electronic design automation company – patent prosecution and portfolio management
- Global data management company – patent prosecution, drafting, counseling, and due diligence involving real-time data capture, analysis and fraud detection
- Israeli medical device company – patent prosecution and counseling involving in-vivo imaging systems
New York Law Journal, Volume 263, No. 57