Megan LaDriere works on a range of intellectual property matters, focusing primarily on patent litigation and prosecution. Ms. LaDriere has a wide range of litigation experience including, for example, multi-patent infringement lawsuits, defending and countersuing false advertising claims, and litigating a petition in the International Trade Commission (ITC). Ms. LaDriere also has experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications in a range of technologies, including the telecommunications, financial services, software, mechanical equipment, and electronics. Ms. LaDriere's practice is rounded out with her experience preparing and filing petitions for Inter Partes Review (IPR).
While attending law school, Ms. LaDriere served as Executive Editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment and Technology Law. In addition, she was a teaching assistant for the legal research and writing program for first year law students. Ms. LaDriere is also an active member of the Junior League of Dallas.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. LaDriere served as a judicial law clerk to Judge Reed C. O’Connor of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Multinational telecommunications equipment provider—defense counsel in patent infringement action involving patents asserted against 4G LTE cellular communication technology.
- Medical device company—defense counsel and counterclaimant counsel for false advertising.
- Multinational wireless service provider—counsel in inter partes review (IPR) involving an asserted patent in patent litigation.
- International crane company—Petitioner’s counsel in patient infringement and trade secret investigation before the International Trade Commission (ITC).
- National banking institution—intellectual property counseling and prosecution directed to financial services technology.
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration provider—intellectual property counseling and prosecution directed to heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration technologies.
- International hardware manufacturer—prosecution of patent applications relating to semiconductors and touchscreen technology.
- Thermoelectric developer and manufacturer—preparation and prosecution of patent applications relating to thermoelectric devices and technology.
- Multinational online social networking and dating service—intellectual property counseling and prosecution directed to social media and matching technology.