Sammy Kadivar works on a range of intellectual property issues, with a primary focus on patent litigation. Ms. Kadivar has participated in all phases of patent litigation encompassing a wide range of technical areas, including data storage devices, internet technology, mobile apps, software, consumer hardware devices and life sciences. In addition, Ms. Kadivar has participated in representing clients before the International Trade Commission, U.S. District Courts, and the Federal Circuit. Her practice is characterized by her dedication to her clients, strategic thinking, and efficiency.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Kadivar worked as a clinical researcher at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. While there, she investigated the role of pharmaceutical drugs on vascular health in various conditions, including HIV, breast cancer, prostate cancer, diabetes mellitus, Marfan syndrome, and peripheral artery disease. Ms. Kadivar's work on prostate cancer was published in a co-authored article in the Journal of the American Heart Association, and her work on Marfan syndrome was published in a co-authored article in Vascular Medicine.
As an undergraduate at Dartmouth College, Ms. Kadivar investigated various microorganism's resistance to polysorbate 80. Her work was published in a co-authored article in Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
District Court Litigation
- (N.D. IL) – Representation of multinational mobile food ordering and delivery company in a multi-patent case
- (W.D. Tex) – Representation of an internet and software technology company
- (W.D. Tex.) – Representation of a women's health, oncology, and organ health company
- (D. NJ) – Representation of a pharmaceutical company relating to a treatment for pain
- (D. Del) – Representation of a DNA sequencing company relating to nanopore sequencing technology, granted a jury verdict of non-infringement and invalidity on one asserted patent and invalidity on three asserted patents
International Trade Commission Litigation
- (ITC) – Representation of Fujifilm before the ITC relating to magnetic tape data storage technologies
- (ITC) – Representation of a DNA sequencing company before the ITC relating to nanopore sequencing technology, granted an MSD of noninfringement
- (ITC) – Representation of a DNA sequencing company before the ITC relating to nanopore sequencing technology, a favorable settlement was granted for the client
Global Legal Chronicle
Global Legal Chronicle
American Axle Petitions the US Supreme Court to Provide Clarity and Guidance on Section 101 JurisprudenceClient Updates
Intellectual Property Report
Intellectual Property Report: August 2018