Jacob Herz is a member of the firm's Corporate Practice with a focus on Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring. He regularly represents debtors and other parties in interest, including secured and unsecured creditors, in all stages of bankruptcy proceedings. He also has significant experience representing debtors and bankruptcy trustees in insolvency related litigation, including avoidance actions, claims resolutions, and other contested matters. He has represented clients in a wide array of industries, including energy, shipping, retail, and banking.
- Represented Toisa Limited, an international shipping company, and its affiliated debtors in the sale of over 40 vessels in a chapter 11 liquidation.
- Represented Aurora Commercial Corp., the mortgage origination and servicing subsidiary of Lehman Brothers, and its subsidiary in their chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Pacific Drilling S.A., an international offshore drilling business, and its affiliates in their chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Aéropostale Inc., a mall based retailer, and its subsidiaries in their chapter 11 cases.
- Represented SunEdison, Inc., a renewable energy company, and its affiliated debtors in their chapter 11 cases.
- Represented Toshiba Nuclear Holdings (UK) Limited an affiliate of Westinghouse Electric Company, in Westinghouse's chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the Litigation Trustee in Relativity Media, a movie production and entertainment company, in Relativity's chapter 11 cases.