Jeffrey Han's practice covers a wide range of intellectual property matters, with a focus on patent litigation. His experience extends to all phases of intellectual property litigation, from pre-suit investigation and initial discovery, through trial and appeal. Jeff has represented clients before numerous federal district courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He also has experience in AAA arbitration proceedings. In addition, Jeff has co-authored an amicus brief on behalf of the American Intellectual Property Law Association before the U.S. Supreme Court.
After law school, Jeff served as judicial clerk to The Honorable Timothy B. Dyk of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. During law school, he served as judicial extern to The Honorable James B. Zagel of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Prior to attending law school, Jeff worked as a product development engineer for enterprise storage products at a major computer company.
- (U.S. Supreme Court) — Co-authored amicus brief on behalf of the American Intellectual Property Law Association in landmark copyright case
- (Fed. Cir.); (D. Del.); (N.D. Cal.); (PTAB) — Represented semiconductor company in multi-front competitor litigation relating to power converter technologies
- (Fed. Cir.); (N.D. Cal.) — Represented leading Internet companies in consolidated patent infringement actions related to distributed processing technology; received judgment on the pleadings invalidating all three asserted patents for claiming unpatentable subject matter; the judgment was affirmed by the Federal Circuit
- (Fed. Cir.); (W.D. Tex.) — Represented sports leagues and major sports media companies in a patent infringement case relating to mobile streaming media applications; received a dismissal at the pleadings stage and invalidity of the asserted patent based on unpatentable subject matter; affirmed on appeal
- (Fed. Cir.); (D.N.M.) — Represented major sports league and major sports media companies in litigation involving technology for streaming video to mobile devices; received complete dismissal by district court of all claims with prejudice and invalidity of the asserted patents based on unpatentable subject matter; affirmed on appeal
- (Fed. Cir.) — Represented provider of real-time data solutions for oil well monitoring and analysis in appeal by competitor of dismissal and invalidity of asserted patent; received affirmance on appeal
- (E.D. Tex.) — Represented a wireless technology company in patent infringement litigation involving multiple patents relating to modulation and coding of wireless broadband and cellular telephone signals
- (D. Del.) — Represented two major computer manufacturers in patent litigation involving a variety of technologies used by the entire PC industry, including power management technologies reflected in the ACPI standard as well as graphics processors and PC architecture; after numerous summary judgment motions the parties reached a favorable settlement
- (C.D. Cal.) — Represented television manufacturer in patent and antitrust litigation relating to MPEG-2, H.264, and ATSC standard essential patents; resolution of cases prior to trial
- (C.D. Cal.) — Represented memory device company in patent litigations relating to solid-state drive and DRAM technologies
- (ITC) — Represented outdoor and lifestyle products company before the U.S. International Trade Commission asserting infringement of design patents, trademarks, and copyrights by foreign counterfeiters and online marketplaces that facilitated sales of counterfeits; received favorable settlements and resolution of the case
- (AAA Arbitration) — Represented video surveillance technology company in trade secret dispute with former supplier involving network video recorders
Co-presenter, Houston Intellectual Property Law Association and University of Houston Law Center Institute for Intellectual Property & Information Law's 32nd Annual Institute on Intellectual Property Law
Co-presenter, Taiwan Intellectual Property Office's 2016 International Intellectual Property Symposium