Adam C. Griffin focuses his practice on U.S. domestic and international project and acquisition financings, tax equity transactions, restructurings, and other debt and equity financing transactions involving energy and infrastructure projects and companies.
Mr. Griffin regularly represents private equity sponsors, developers, independent power producers, public and private companies, lenders, financial institutions and equity investors on complex and novel project finance and other transactions, including a broad variety of renewable energy, conventional energy, commodities financing and infrastructure transactions.
- Represented leading financial institution in connection with non-recourse supply and offtake arrangements and financing transactions in respect of crude oil, refined products and accounts receivable, supporting oil refineries located in the United States
- Representation of investor in connection with a joint venture transaction and an approximately $110.5 million mezzanine and bridge loan secured by equity interests in 12 residential solar funds, each with existing tax equity and back-leverage debt, and an approximately $80.3 million mezzanine and bridge loan secured by equity interests in a separate group of residential solar funds, each with existing tax equity and back-leverage debt.
- Representation of borrower in connection $150 million term loan secured by equity interest in numerous renewable energy investments.
- Representation of Administrative Agent and Lead Arrangers in connection with a bridge financing for a utility scale solar project.
- Representation of Administrative Agent and Lead Arranger in connection with a construction and term loan financing for a utility-scale solar project.
- Representation of Underwriters in connection with several previously proposed "yieldco" IPO transactions.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with a Term Loan B financing for a portfolio of natural gas-fired electric generation facilities in the PJM and ISO-NE markets.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with several construction/back-leverage financings and tax equity transactions for utility scale solar electric generation projects.
- Representation of issuer in connection with $170 million 4(a)(2) note offering secured by land underlying utility-scale solar projects and associated rents.
- Representation of SunEdison, Inc. and its affiliates in connection with its previously proposed acquisition financing of Vivint Solar, Inc.
- Representation of SunEdison, Inc. and its affiliates in connection with several of its financings for solar and wind electric generating projects.
- Representation of owner in connection with the securitization of real property assets related to utility-scale solar electric generation projects.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with acquisition project financings related to natural gas-fired electric generation facilities.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with construction/back-leverage and tax equity financings for several solar electric generation facilities.
- Representation of sponsor in connection with acquisition project financing for port-related assets.
- Representation of Administrative Agent and lenders in connection with a refinancing for private equity-owned telecommunications company in South America.
- Representation of equity investor in connection with investment and associated financing for electric cogeneration facilities.
- Representation of financial institution in connection with acquisition financing and supply and offtake arrangements related to a transmix refinery.
- Representation of lenders in connection with the construction financing for a greenfield natural gas-fired electric generation facility in PJM.
- Representation of underwriter and lead arranger in connection with an acquisition financing for a natural gas-fired electric generation facility.
- Representation of certain creditors of an independent power producers in connection with out-of-court restructuring transactions and a pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding and associated financings.
- Representation of institutional investors in connection with a refinancing for a solar power generation facility.
Awards & Community
Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S. for Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power and Energy: Transactions – Conventional Power, 2019
House Passes GREEN Act: Extends Renewable Energy Tax Incentives, Adds Direct Pay Option and MLP EligibilityClient Updates
Power and Renewables Update
Please join Baker Botts in the Infocast-hosted Virtual Master Class on M&A for Renewable Power Projects on October 21-22, 2021 at 8:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT.