Ms. Gozzi has over 14 years of experience as a registered patent attorney. She practices all aspects of intellectual property law and counsels clients on consumer product matters involving due diligence, freedom to operate, patentability, and licensing concerns. She assists clients in patenting, protecting and commercializing inventions, both utility and design, in the areas of mechanical arts, medical devices, biotechnology, electrical products, pharmaceuticals and business methods.
Ms. Gozzi advises clients regarding worldwide portfolio management, strategic development, licensing, merger and acquisition, and litigation. In addition, her practice also involves patent prosecution, antitrust and ITC work. Ms. Gozzi also counsels clients in Orange Book and Hatch-Waxman related issues, and is involved in pharmaceutical matters. Ms. Gozzi's broad engineering background allows her to understand and assist clients with the complex legal and scientific issues across many industries.
Ms. Gozzi serves as a Trustee Board Member and Executive Committee Member to the Foundation for the Advancement of Diversity in IP Law, formerly American Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation. Ms. Gozzi also serves as a monthly pro bono attorney with the New York City Bar Association's Monday Night Legal Clinic and has provided legal counsel to over 100 local community members since 2011. She is also representing two children in immigration matters and child custody cases. Ms. Gozzi is also active with the Women in IP and Diversity Committees of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA). She serves as the immediate past Chair of the Diversity Committee for AIPLA, in addition to serving on the Inventor of the Year Committee for the New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
Ms. Gozzi is also a Board Member of the University of Virginia Club of New York and is involved with the Alumni Admissions Board of Brooklyn Law School. She also plays on a local women's basketball team.
- International medical device company - pharmaceutical and medical device due diligence and FTO clearance work, Orange Book patent analysis, patent prosecution and procurement and opinion writing for multiple transactions.
- University Institution - Licensing Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreement, and Joint Development Agreement.
- Pharmaceutical company - pharmaceutical due diligence and agreement work, Orange Book patent analysis.
- Global consumer products company - various patent litigation and licensing matters.
- American packaging company - patent application drafting, prosecution and portfolio maintenance.
- National fiber solutions company - licensing and litigation matters, patent prosecution, patent application drafting and portfolio maintenance, design clearance.
- Hardware device company - ITC compliance, due diligence and clearance work, litigation strategy.
- Clothing and Apparel Retailer - design and product clearance, design litigation.
- Electrical Device Manufacturing Company - due diligence and clearance work, prosecution and portfolio maintenance.
Awards & Community
Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2015-2020
AIPLA Innovate Magazine, Co-Author