Texas Lawbook, The
Doug Getten is a partner based in the firm's Houston office. His emphasis is on corporate finance and securities law matters, including public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and other investment activities primarily related to publicly traded master limited partnerships (MLPs) and royalty trusts. He has also represented his clients in mergers and acquisitions, including public company mergers. He has extensive knowledge and experience with exploration and production companies, midstream businesses as well as the oil field services sector. Mr. Getten's capital markets experience includes the representation of public and private companies, MLPs and investment banking firms in capital markets offerings. He has also advised private equity investors including sovereign wealth funds. He regularly advises his public company clients with corporate governance issues and securities law disclosure and compliance issues, including Section 16 reporting obligations.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets, Inc. in the underwritten block trade of 7,500,000 shares of Magnolia Oil & Gas Corporation (NYSE: MGY) by certain Affiliates of EnerVest, Ltd.
- Represented SHUAA Partners Acquisition Corp I (the “Company”) in its initial public offering of 10,000,000 units, at a price of $10.00 per unit, with each unit consisting of one Class A ordinary share and one-half of one redeemable warrant. Each whole warrant entitles the holder thereof to purchase one Class A ordinary share at a price of $11.50 per share. The Company is a blank check company formed for the purpose of effecting a merger, amalgamation, share exchange, asset acquisition, share purchase, reorganization or similar business combination with one or more businesses. The Company intends to search for a target within the technology or tech-enabled financial services (“fintech”) sectors, across the high growth markets of the Middle East, North Africa, and Turkey region (collectively, “MENAT”). The search for a target will be tech-focused and sector-agnostic, allowing the Company to fundamentally leverage new and growing trends within the tech sector and access potential targets that are targeting key areas for change within traditional business sectors in the MENAT region.
- Represented Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as Sole Book-Running Manager, and JonesTrading Institutional Services LLC, as Co-Manager, in Clean Earth Acquisitions Corp.’s (the "Company") initial public offering of 20,000,000 units at a price of $10.00 per unit. The Company, a special purpose acquisition company ("SPAC"), that plans to pursue a business combination with a business that serves key and evolving segments in the clean energy ecosystem, including carbon, hydrogen, sustainable agriculture, and renewable energy. Additional areas of focus will be energy storage, distributed electrical grid, zero-emission transportation, utilization, low or carbon-free industrial applications and sustainable manufacturing.
- Represented Transocean Ltd in Nauticus Robotics Inc.’s merger with CleanTech Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, and the related PIPE financing
- Represented the initial purchasers in Howard Midstream Energy Partner's $400 Million Private Offering of 6.75% Senior Notes due 2027
- Represented Seaport Global Securities LLC in Seaport Calibre Materials Acquisition Corp.'s (the "Company") initial public offering of 13,000,000 units at a price of $10.00 per unit. The Company, a special purpose acquisition company ("SPAC"), intends to seek an initial business combination with a target in the steel, metals and metal processing sector given its officers' and directors' significant experience in that sector.
- Represented Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, in its capacity as sales agent, in connection with Laredo Petroleum, Inc. 's "at-the-market" oﬀering of aggregate gross proceeds of up to $75 million from sales of its common stock.
- Represented JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse and Jeﬀeries as Initial Purchasers for Beyond Meat 's private oﬀering of $1 Billion aggregate principal amount of 0% Convertible Senior Notes due 2027 oﬀering and related capped call transaction.
- Represented Mitek Systems, Inc. in its private oﬀering of $135,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 0.750% Convertible Senior Notes due 2026 and the related call spread transactions.
- Represented BofA Securities, Wells Fargo Securities, BMO Capital Markets, Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Barclays and Capital One Securities as joint book-running managers in the oﬀering of $1 billion aggregate principal amount of senior notes by Laredo Petroleum, Inc., an independent energy company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of oil and natural gas properties, primarily in the Permian Basin of West Texas. The oﬀering included $600 million of 9.50% senior notes due 2025 and $400 million of 10.125% senior notes due 2028. As part of such refinancing, represented BofA Securities, as the sole Dealer Manager, in connection with a cash tender oﬀer and consent solicitation by Laredo Petroleum for 5 5/8% senior notes due 2022 and 6 1/4% senior notes due 2023
- Represented Flexi-Van Leasing, Inc. in connection with the private oﬀering of $300.0 million of its 10.00% Senior Secured Second Lien Notes due 2023
- Represented BMO Capital Markets Corp., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Wells Fargo Securities, LLC and Capital One Securities Inc. as joint book-running managers in the private oﬀering of $700 million aggregate principal amount of 7.500% senior notes due 2026 issued by Moss Creek Resources Holdings, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Surge Energy US Holdings Company
- Represented an aﬃliate of Paulson & Co. Inc. in its underwritten public oﬀering of 3,322,666 shares of William Lyon Homes (NYSE: WLH) Class A Common Stock
- Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 bankruptcy case in the S.D. of Texas with respect to asset sales, governance, exit financing and securities law compliance (emerged August 1, 2017)
- Represented Atlas Resource Partners, L.P., a publicly traded exploration and production master limited partnership, in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Atlas Growth Partners, L.P. in its $1 billion continuous public oﬀering of common units representing limited partner interests
- Represented Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (NASDAQ: VNR) in connection with its exchange of $168.2 million of its existing 7.875% Senior Notes due 2020 for $75.6 million of its newly issued 7.0% Senior Secured Second Lien Notes due 2023
- Represented CrossAmerica Partners LP (NYSE: CAPL) in a public oﬀering of 4,600,000 common units representing limited partner interests in the CrossAmerica for net proceeds of approximately $159.4 million
- Upstream master limited partnership in multiple equity and debt oﬀerings including a first of its kind public oﬀering of preferred units by an MLP and a subsequent Series B oﬀering
- Private company in a novel tender oﬀer and exchange of royalty trust units
- Multiple engagements representing investment banks and sponsors in initial public oﬀerings of royalty trust units
- Issuer in the initial public oﬀering of common stock in the general partner of a public master limited partnership
- Chinese sovereign wealth fund in investment in convertible preferred stock of a public exploration and production company
- Private oilfield service company in issuance of multiple tranches of senior secured convertible notes and subsequent corporate migration to Brazil including a recapitalization involving significant investment by a Brazilian private equity fund
- Underwriters in multiple high yield debt oﬀerings by an oﬀshore drilling company including associated tender oﬀers related to the refinancing transactions
- Oﬀshore driller in an dual tranche oﬀering of secured and unsecured notes
- Midstream master limited partnership in multiple issuances of senior notes and simultaneous tender oﬀers, and common units; also assisted in a private issuance of public equity (PIPE) transactions
- Underwriters in the issuance of common units of a shipping MLP in two transactions; the first of which was the first public oﬀering since the company's IPO three years earlier
- Underwriters in multiple issuances of senior notes pursuant to Rule 144A of a Bermuda-based drilling company
- Underwriters in the multiple public issuances of the registered senior notes and common equity of a public exploration and production company
- Public exploration and production company in issuances of senior notes in multiple transactions and issuance of common stock
- Represented Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (NASDAQ: VNR) in the negotiation of a definitive Agreement and Plan of Merger to acquire Eagle Rock Energy Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: EROC) ("Eagle Rock"), in exchange for common units representing limited liability company interests in Vanguard, implying a transaction value of approximately $614 million, including the assumption of Eagle Rock's existing debt
- Represented the conflicts committee of Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (NYSE: "CMLP") ("Crestwood Midstream") in the negotiation of a definitive agreement to merge Crestwood Midstream and Crestwood Equity Partners LP (NYSE: "CEQP") into a single publicly traded partnership with a consolidated enterprise value of $7.5 billion
- Represented Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (Vanguard) in the negotiation of a definitive Purchase Agreement and Plan of Merger to acquire LRR Energy, L.P. and its general partner, LRE GP, LLC (the "General Partner"), in exchange for common units representing limited liability company interests in Vanguard, implying a transaction value of approximately $539 million, including the assumption of LRR Energy's existing debt
- Represented CST Brands, Inc. (CST) in the purchase of the general partner and the incentive distribution rights of CrossAmerica Partners LP (CAPL) (formerly Lehigh Gas Partners LP) from the Topper Group
- Commodities trading company's acquisition of the general partner of a publicly traded master limited partnership from a hedge fund
- Oilfield service company in its acquisition of the land based service business from the portfolio company of a private equity fund
- Exploration and production company in acquiring leases in the Marcellus shale from a private corporation
- Oilfield service company acquiring the domestic drilling business from a private equity fund
- Private oilfield service company in a sale of the Company to a public British service company
- Midstream publicly traded partnership acquiring another partnership in the midstream sector from a private equity fund
Texas Lawbook, The
Texas Lawbook, The
Energy Intelligence Briefing - Houston Bureau
American Lawyer, The
SEC Proposes Significant Changes to 10b5-1 Trading Plans and Enhancements to Insider Equity Compensation DisclosureClient Updates
Baker Botts is proud to be a sponsor of the World Oilman's Poker Tournament at The Wynn | Encore Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 20-22, 2022.