Dr. Yi Dulkeith is Special Counsel in the Intellectual Property Practice of the firm's New York office. Dr. Dulkeith has over 14 years of experience practicing across a wide spectrum of intellectual property matters. Her practice involves strategic portfolio management and prosecution, due diligence, opinion work, and post-grant proceedings. Dr. Dulkeith's primary technical areas include biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, with advanced experience in immunotherapy, cell therapy, gene editing, stem cell technology, biomarkers and diagnostics.
Dr. Dulkeith focuses on strategic portfolio development and counseling clients in various patent-related areas including product clearance, licensing, acquisition due diligence, and IPO-related diligence. Dr. Dulkeith serves multinational biopharmaceutical companies, mid-size healthcare companies, non-profit healthcare organizations, start-up biotechnology companies, and investment companies.
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Dr. Dulkeith was a Scientific Advisor, handling patent prosecution matters and opinions, as well as directing and devising strategies in re-examination proceedings before the USPTO.
Dr. Dulkeith received her Ph.D. from the Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology at Yale University. While at Yale, she pioneered an in-depth study on an alcohol metabolism gene and its protective role in preventing alcoholism. Dr. Dulkeith has published her findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals and presented at national conferences.
- Multinational Biopharmaceutical Companies – patent prosecution of novel antibody technologies and diagnostic and surrogate biomarkers for therapeutic antibodies; IP diligence (e.g., product clearance, freedom-to-operate investigation) in connection with antibody manufacturing and medical devices
- Non-profit Healthcare Organizations – patent prosecution of cell therapies and immunotherapies (e.g., adoptive cell therapy); strategic patent portfolio development; pre-litigation due diligence investigations; counseling on licensing opportunities
- Mid-size Healthcare Companies – preparation of pre-IPO IP opinions
- Start-up Biotechnology Company – patent prosecution of gene editing technologies and cell therapies; freedom to operate analysis relating to lead therapeutics
- Investment Companies – evaluation of IP assets of target companies
Awards & Community
Recognized as a New York Super Lawyer-Rising Star (Thomson Reuters), 2016-2017
PTAB Trials Blog