Matt Donnelly advises public and private companies on a broad range of U.S. federal and state income tax matters, with a concentration on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, spin-offs, joint ventures, financing transactions, restructurings, and internal reorganizations.
Matt is a lecturer on corporate taxation at Howard University School of Law. He also frequently writes and lectures on tax-related topics, including transaction structuring, spin-offs and Reverse Morris Trust transactions, renewable energy tax incentives, partnership taxation, and the impacts of tax reform.
- Mars Incorporated in connection with worldwide integration of Mars Wrigley Confectionery
- Mars Incorporated in connection with sale of Mars Drinks to the Lavazza Group
- Mars Incorporated in connection with sale of Exclusive Brands to Arbor Investments
- EDP Renewables North America LLC in connection with tax-equity financing of 200 MW Meadow Lake VI and 199 MW Prairie Queen wind projects
- Blommer Chocolate Company in connection with its sale to Fuji Oil Holding Inc.
- WeWork Companies in connection with acquisition of naked Hub
- Biogen in connection with its spin-off of Bioverativ Inc.
- Citrix Systems Inc. in connection with the Reverse Morris Trust disposition of its GoTo business to LogMeIn
- Leidos in connection with the Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of Lockheed Martin's Information Systems and Global Services business
- Two Sigma Investments LLC in connection with its participation in the formation of Hamilton Re Ltd. and the acquisition of SAC Re Ltd.
- EMC Corporation in connection with its acquisition by Dell for cash and tracking stock, the largest-ever acquisition in the technology sector
- OfficeMax Inc. in connection with its combination with Office Depot Inc.
Texas Lawbook, The
House Passes GREEN Act: Extends Renewable Energy Tax Incentives, Adds Direct Pay Option and MLP EligibilityFirm Thought Leadership
Power and Renewables Update