Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Joint Ventures
- American Industrial Partners, a middle market private equity sponsor, in portfolio company, AHF Products’ acquisition of global manufacturer LM Flooring
- American Industrial Partners, in its business combination of portfolio company, Goss International, and Germany-based manroland web systems
- American Industrial Partners, in its separation of Dutch subsidiary, Contiweb B.V., from Goss International
- American Industrial Partners, in several add-on transactions for Goss International, including the acquisitions of Graphic Automation and Controls and Loudon Machine
- American Industrial Partners, in its acquisition of the wood flooring segment of Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
- American Industrial Partners, in several add-on transactions for portfolio company, acpi, including the acquisitions of Smart Cabinetry, Cabinets 2000, and Master WoodCraft Cabinetry
- Hull Street Energy, LLC, a middle market private equity firm, in several transactions
- Avenue Capital Management, LLC, in several transactions
- West Face Capital Inc., in certain investment transactions
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. (Maxar Technologies), a satellite imagery company, in connection with an international joint venture transaction
- Rheogistics LLC, in its acquisition by The International Group, Inc.
- DTI Management, LLC, a secondary live event ticket management company, in its sale to affiliates of CVC Capital Partners
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America and the Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, in their acquisition of interests in West Deptford Energy from LS Power
- Crius Energy, LLC, in its $328 million acquisition by Vistra Energy
- Crius Energy, LLC, in its $173 million acquisition of U.S. Gas & Electric, Inc.
- MasterCard, in its acquisition of an interest in First Performance Global
- The Walt Disney Company, in its $4 billion acquisition of Marvel Entertainment, Inc.
- Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., in its $1.9 billion unsolicited cash tender offer for Casey's General Stores, Inc.
- STARZ, in connection with certain mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Liberty Interactive Corporation, in its $2.4 billion acquisition of zulily, inc. by way of an exchange offer
- Liberty Interactive Corporation, in its $430 million sale of Provide Commerce, Inc. (ProFlowers), to FTD Companies, Inc
- Liberty Media Corporation, in its $847 million common stock repurchase from Comcast Corporation and exchange of Leisure Arts, Inc. and a revenue sharing agreement relating to carriage of CNBC
- Liberty Media Corporation, in its sale of $500 million of Sirius XM Holdings Inc. common stock in a repurchase transaction
- Liberty Media Corporation, in its sale of preferred stock in Barnes & Noble, Inc.
- Monitronics International, Inc. (MONI), in its $502 million acquisition of Security Networks LLC from affiliates of Oak Hill Capital Partners
- Monitronics International, Inc. (MONI), in its $130 million acquisition of alarm monitoring accounts from Pinnacle Security
- AGL Resources Inc., in its $3.1 billion acquisition of Nicor Inc.
- Global independent power producer in its sale of the Red Oak power generation station to Energy Capital Partners
- Global independent power producer in its sale of the Ironwood power generation station to PPL Corporation
- ProLiance Energy, in the restructuring and sale of its natural gas marketing business to an affiliate of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P.
- Industrias Unidas, S.A. de C.V., in its sale of United Copper Industries, Inc. to KPS Partners, L.P.
Capital Markets and Corporate Governance
- Liberty Global plc, in connection with subsidiary VTR Finance B.V.'s global offering of US$1.4 billion of senior secured notes due 2024
- Liberty Global plc, in connection with its tracking stock structure
- A publicly traded motor sports promoter in connection with corporate governance advice
- An oil and gas exploration company in its corporate restructuring
- A privately held domestic publishing company in its corporate restructuring
Counsel to Financial Advisors
- Morgan Stanley & Co. as financial advisor to UIL Holdings in its $4.8 billion combination with Iberdrola USA
- Lazard Freres as financial advisor to the Conflicts Committee of TerraForm Power, Inc. in the $2.3 billion acquisition of Vivint Solar, Inc. by TerraForm and SunEdison Inc.
- Lazard Freres as financial advisor to the Conflicts Committee of TerraForm Power, Inc. in the $2.4 billion acquisition of First Wind Holdings by TerraForm and SunEdison Inc.
- Barclays Capital as financial advisor to Wisconsin Energy in its $9.1 billion acquisition of Integrys Energy
- Barclays Capital as financial advisor in Exelon in its $6.7 billion acquisition of Pepco Holdings
- Global War on Terrorism Memorial Foundation, outside counsel and ambassador for the non-profit tasked by Congress to build the National Global War on Terrorism Memorial on the National Mall
- Halcyon Angels, outside counsel for a network of angel investors committed to fueling the growth of early-stage impact-focused ventures