Adam Dawson is Counsel in the Antitrust and Competition Law Practice of Baker Botts' Brussels office. Adam has extensive experience in merger control and has represented numerous clients before the European Commission, as well as national competition authorities. Adam has also assisted clients in abuse of dominance complaints and investigations by the European Commission. He is frequently consulted on Article 101 and Article 102 TFEU and regularly advises companies on their pricing policy and general terms and conditions. Adam has experience in a broad range of industries, including energy, heavy machinery, chemicals, technology, human and animal health, packaging and air transport.
Adam speaks English, French and Spanish.
Prior to joining Baker Botts, Adam worked at another international law firm in Brussels.
- Halliburton in seeking EU and other merger control approvals of its $28 billion proposed acquisition of Baker Hughes.
- MeadWestVaco in merger control approvals of its $16 billion merger with Rock-Tenn.
- Dresser-Rand in EU and other merger control approvals of its $7.8 billion merger with Siemens.
- Barrick Gold in EU merger control approval of its $1 billion sale of a 50% interest in the Zaldivar copper mine to Antofagasta.
- EN+ Group in Glencore’s proposed RUSAL-EN+ share swap.
- Ingevity in merger control approvals of its $310 million acquisition of Georgia Pacific’s chemical pine business.
- Global independent power producer in merger control approvals of its $178.6 million sale of a 50% interest in Silver Ridge Power to SunEdison.
- Dell in merger control approvals of the sale of its Engineering Services division to L&T Technology Services.
- CA Technologies in its acquisition of Grid-Tools, a provider of automated software testing.
- Rosneft Oil Company in EU and other merger control approvals of its joint venture with General Electric for the supply of industrial IoT applications.
- Rosneft Oil Company in merger control approvals of its $1.1 billion acquisition of a 30% interest in the Egyptian Zohr gas field from Eni.
- Rosneft Oil Company in merger control approvals of various upstream joint ventures.
- Liberty Media Global in various potential acquisitions.
- Colfax in merger control approvals of its acquisitions of Flakt Woods, Victor Technologies, GE Oil & Gas’s Roots Blowers & Compressors, and Siemens’ Turbomachinery Equipment GmbH.
- American Industrial Partners (AIP) in merger control approvals of its acquisitions of Goss International, Gerber Technology, Moly-Cop, and L3’s Vertex Aerospace.
- Noble Corporation in its $1.7 billion spin-off of Paragon Offshore.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation in its $1.8 billion spin-off of Halyard Health.
- A third party complainant in the European Commission’s investigation into the proposed $14 billion Deutsche Borse/London Stock Exchange merger.
- A third party complainant in the European Commission’s investigation into the $10 billion General Electric/Alstom merger.
- A potential purchaser in the UK Competition and Markets Authority investigation into John Wood Group’s proposed acquisition of Amec Foster Wheeler.
- Mondi in EU and other merger control approvals for its acquisition of Nordenia.*
- GE in EU and other merger control approvals for a joint venture with Microsoft.*
- Volkswagen in EU merger control approval for its joint venture with D’Ieteren.*
- Pfizer in merger control approvals for its acquisition of King Pharmaceuticals.*
- Yahoo! in EU and other merger control approvals for its partnership with Microsoft.*
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) as a complainant in the European Commission's investigation into anticompetitive practices in the aircraft engines and components aftermarket.
- A complainant in the European Commission’s investigation into Google's abusive practices in online search.*
- An international manufacturer on the use of pricing algorithms.
- An online marketplace on its compatibility with EU competition law.
- A B2B platform on its compatibility with EU competition law.
- An international oilfield services company on its potential exposure to EU competition law.
- An international polymer supplier on the validity of its international joint ventures and distribution agreements.
- A major gas distributor on the implementation of the Third Energy Package in the EU.*
*Prior to joining Baker Botts
Awards & Community
Recommended by The Legal 500 EMEA, 2019 & 2020
Global Legal Chronicle
Global Legal Chronicle
Global Competition Review
The Deal Pipeline
European Commission Launches Consultations on Ex Ante Competition Enforcement in Platform-Based and other IndustriesClient Updates
Antitrust and Competition Law Update